Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Question about tie rod length...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phatcyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about tie rod length...

alright, I had a rear upper control arm bent on my car (Car wasnt in accident, manufactureres defect), and took it to Honda for an alignment and for them to fix the problem. well, they fixed the control arm, but they goobered the hell out of my front end alighnemt. My steering wheel is off center when my car goes straight, and when I look at the tie rod ends, I see that there are more threads showing on one of them than the other.

Basically, I want to know how many threads are exposed on both to center the rack if the wheels are centered, the exact length of the tie rods in order to center the rack, or, If someone could take a picture of thier tie rods ends on a STOCK suspended car with good alighnment; this would help the best out of all of them.

I know its a silly question, but Im sort of tapped for cash, and I dont think an alighnment shop would be compotent enough to fix the problem like I want it done.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-09-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Well if it was right before you brought it in, and it wasnt right when it came back.... Take it back to them and have them fix it.
Old 09-09-2004
Registered!!

phatcyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
Even though that would work just fine, With college and work, it would be easier for me to do it mysefl, Ive got all the nescessary equipment to adjust them.
Old 09-10-2004
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
Just because one side is showing more threads than the other doesnt mean the alignment is off. I definitely would not try DIY because i doubt you have the proper tools. Proper tool being an alignment rack. If alignment were that easy people wouldnt pay $50+ to get it done.
Im with zzyzx, just take it back and have them fix it