Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

04 Suspension options?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superman2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
04 Suspension options?

Hey Guys just wondering what struts or suspension kits will be a direct bolt-on for 04`s. I saw that to put on Tokico HP`s you have to drill out something...I dont really want to do that...but if so...how hard would it be?

But really just wondering what strut options are available for the 04`s.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

ZdS03Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Mr.Modify has 03 Ground Control on his 04. I know there is alot out for the 04's you just have to look around for it.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I am pretty sure that the tokicos and konis will both work with the normal modification that they require.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

yes, but what modifications would they require?? I really dont want to drill anything? Would that be required?
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Superman2004
yes, but what modifications would they require?? I really dont want to drill anything? Would that be required?
Well for the konis, the fronts are inserts into the stock housings. They require you to do some cutting and what not. And the rears are direct replacement. As with the tokico, drilling the hole is all I know. Every performance strut there is some type of modification on our car. Unless you go with some full coilovers, then you shouldnt have a problem. Stay away from hayames though.
Old 08-30-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
In regards to the Tokico and Koni thing....

Go koni for performance, Tokico for the street.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

I saw a site that sold Tokico HP and springs in a set for like 328. That sounds like a really good deal? Would I need to drill then since it gives you the springs and everything?? Thats for all the help guys I really appreciate it. I dont know alot about suspensions...but I`m learning. I just dont want to rub the rear tires off which is what is happening!!
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

I saw a site that sold Tokico HP and springs in a set for like 328. That sounds like a really good deal? Would I need to drill then since it gives you the springs and everything?? Thats for all the help guys I really appreciate it. I dont know alot about suspensions...but I`m learning. I just dont want to rub the rear tires off which is what is happening!!
Even if you buy the setup with struts and springs, you would still have to drill the struts. Also I wouldnt go with that setup though, who knows what kind of springs those are and you might run into sagging problems and what not.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

Ok so while I have everyone on board...what do you recommend. I`m running on 215/45/17`s I have teins in the front and I had to cut the rear springs (I know, but mistake...major saggin) with the stock struts. I just want a ride that I can take people in the back and the tire doesnt rub. Ofcourse I dont want to spend alot of money....and I dont need the best autocross preformance system out there. So could someone recommend what I could get and where??
Old 08-30-2004
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the Tein SS kit with SPC camber, DC front strut, Skunk2 lower tie and rear upper strut. The car rides like a dream.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

dvsdara is an unknown quantity at this point
How is it that you only have the Tein's up front? I suggest getting a new set of springs first off. Then you'd be better off with the Tokico HP. The only modding you really have to do is drilling the 4 knuckle bolts. The 01-02 cars have a 14mm bolt while us 03+ have a 16mm.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

I know sounds stupid...but with the teins on the rear...it sagged so bad tha tI could barely get around with stock wheels...they were practially tucked under the wells...so I cut the stock springs a little....big mistake. Now the rear is terrible. I was thinking about just getting the neuspeed sport springs for the sedan....then maybe in a year or 2 get struts cause they cant be wore out already?? I have oonly had this set up for maybe a month and only had passenegers in it a couple of times...so I dont think they would have blown....but how can you tell??

Also is it that hard to drill the knuckle bolt....is this in the install instructions?? Also is this something that I could get to convert to stock later on down the line?? Or is this a part on the strut itselve.

Thanks again
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

Ok so while I have everyone on board...what do you recommend. I`m running on 215/45/17`s I have teins in the front and I had to cut the rear springs (I know, but mistake...major saggin) with the stock struts. I just want a ride that I can take people in the back and the tire doesnt rub. Ofcourse I dont want to spend alot of money....and I dont need the best autocross preformance system out there. So could someone recommend what I could get and where??
Now come to think about it, why did you cut the springs in the first place in the rear? Like Dvsdara said, new springs should do the trick for you. You are probably rubbing because you cut the springs and with it sagging and having people riding back there, that put alot more sagging.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

You're only drilling the Tokicos. There won't be any drilling done to the car or the factory stuff. As mentioned previously, they are a direct replacement. Just swap them out with your stock ones and you should be good. Your stock struts may last a while but its not guaranteed. We all know how it is with lowering springs on stock struts.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

Well thats great to hear cause if thats the case then I have a good set of Teins....I could just buy a set of tokico (blues I think) and reinstall the rear tein springs. Also how hard is it to drill this part out? I mean is it a pretty straight forward process? Is there a diy out there??

You guys are great....keep me in line!!
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

I think there's a DIY out there for struts, but I'm not sure if there's one for the Tokicos. Anyway, installation would just be the same. The drilling is pretty straight forward. I'm sure it isn't that hard to do.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

Well I tell yah what...you`ve pretty much convinced me to order a set. So I guess if someone out there has went through the install process of this that could help me out...thats be great. I mean....where do you drill?? Is it only the front??

Thanks again.....also I`ve seen what I think would be the next step up...the illumas?? Do you think they are worht the extra money....and do you drill them just the same??

Thank
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

You drill the four knuckle bolts where the two bolt goes thru. I don't know how else to put it haha. Yes, drilling is only required for the front. There won't be illuminas available, but there is a D-Spec available with 16 setting dampers. I just saw over the weekend in a thread on here that they are available.

edit-here's a link to the thread http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=170714

Last edited by dvsdara; 08-30-2004 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

Well I tell yah what...you`ve pretty much convinced me to order a set. So I guess if someone out there has went through the install process of this that could help me out...thats be great. I mean....where do you drill?? Is it only the front??

Thanks again.....also I`ve seen what I think would be the next step up...the illumas?? Do you think they are worht the extra money....and do you drill them just the same??

Thank
If you are uncertain on what to do, I would recommend having it professionally installed so you dont mess anything up.