Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

I got the big one....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Talking I got the big one....

Well, after the old guys told me last week at the autocross that I had probably reached the limit of the car, I was presented with a couple suggestions to make the car a little less tame. Basically, I had hit the limit of the suspension and there was nothing I could do to keep it from understeering on the edge. So I was left with getting a smaller front sway bar, softer front springs, Bigger rear sway bar, or stiffer rear springs.
Well I don't feel like changing springs right now... I just had the car re-aligned and don't want to take the suspension apart. Given the fact I've got another event this sunday, I picked the quickest thing I could do... change the rear sway bar. Sure, the honda dealer could have gotten me an 03 front one overnight, but then I gotta get the car up and crawl around under it in my apartment parking lot, and I don't have jack stands. The rear is easier.... I just jacked it up enough to unload the sway bar and changed it. Piece of cake... total operation time 30 min (thank you ratcheting wrench).
On with the show.... Comptech's 22mm RSX rear bar. Came in a big box, well packed in moldable high density foam packing, the bar quality is top notch which is what I've come to expect from them and their service on the phone is awesome. I'd honestly say the bar looks better than the Acura bar I used to have on there. Its a solid bar, weighs about 11 lbs, smooth bends, smooth surface finish, nice silver powdercoating... quite a piece of hardware. It came with 22mm poly bushings for the stock brackets. It all went in real nice, it fits really well and holy crap does it change the car. Its an improvement over the 19, and I can't wait to push it on sunday (as I pray the endlinks survive). Oh yeah... $99.

Exhaust clearance

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 07-16-2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-16-2004
TUCKIN 19s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k2EXCOUPE will become famous soon enough
U have **** carpeting...hehehe...lol just playing.

looks nice man.
Old 07-16-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
damn thats a huge sway bar. talk about a stiff rear end.
Old 07-16-2004
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
its so big....hmmm maybe i should sell my rsx one and get a 22mm
Old 07-16-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Just remember, when the back end starts to rotat on you, add in more gas!!!!

I cant wait till my Hollow 25mm comes in ..... MMM adjustible....
Old 07-17-2004
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have upgraded endlinks because if you dont it can break pretty easily since you autocross. Grey endlinks are a good price and are just as good as hotchkis.
Old 07-17-2004
Registered!!

half_n_half17 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ like he said... be prepared to spend some more money on endlinks. One of my rear endlinks snapped the first time I drove my car hard.
Old 07-17-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
i'm drivin' on snapped endlinks right now (progress bars all around) and i don't autocross
Old 07-18-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Hello oversteer... how are you?
Damn that was fun.
Oh, I didn't break anything... and I think I know why....
I have 560 lb-in springs in the back... so nothing moves a whole lot. The end links snap because it runs out of travel and the bar doesn't give, so the end link does.... well, my suspension doesn't move far enough to rim out the ball joint in the end link... thus, it doesn't break. Just a theory for now... don't hold me to it in 3 weeks if it snaps.
Old 07-18-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Welcome to the 22mm club! I'm still having trouble keeping it in line in the corners...oversteer = ridiculous
Old 07-18-2004
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
Awesome man, I'll be looking for a rear sway before too long, gotta reduce the understeer around the cones.
Old 07-18-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Did you get the second version?
I remember first version had some issues, sway bar was hitting the LCA somehow.

If you got the second version, i am sure problem has been fixed.
Welcome 22mm club
Old 07-19-2004
Registered!!

BlackFire is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks great!!
I'm with VTECTypeR, you should buy the endlinks!
But stills looking good!

Congrats!
Old 07-19-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by civicvtec1ps
Did you get the second version?
I remember first version had some issues, sway bar was hitting the LCA somehow.

If you got the second version, i am sure problem has been fixed.
Welcome 22mm club
I didn't know there were 2 versions... but its not hitting anything, so I guess I got the redesign.
Old 07-20-2004
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TeLLy
Welcome to the 22mm club! I'm still having trouble keeping it in line in the corners...oversteer = ridiculous
Really... after upgrading to stiffer springs with the 22mm rear, you're gonna have to learn how to drive again. I love how it works on high speeds.