Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

What Brake Rotors should i get???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003
Initial D!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nightkids1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What Brake Rotors should i get???

I was thinking of the Aem ones to get. Anyone else have any sugestions???
Old 05-19-2003
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Rotors?

Brembo.
Old 05-19-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, Brembo, EBC, Wilwood or Baer . all make good rotors. Power slot makes decent rotors as well. Personally I'm not shure If I trust AEM with my brakes. My engine yes, brakes?? I prefer to leave that to companys that Specialize in Brakes.
Old 05-19-2003
Master

CivicBR900EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Brembo! slotted/drilled $98 per pair
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	caliper06.jpg
Views:	996
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	2479  
Old 05-19-2003
All Eyes On Z

Uh, is your disc is on backwards?
Old 05-19-2003
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
You got burned....Brembo does not make a sport disc package being drilled & slotted. Only the GT brake kit comes like that. Sport rotors are only drilled or slotted. You got brembo OE rotors unfinished sold to a third party who slotted and drilled them....

I'd go with Power Slot, Brembo, Power Stop...

If you got $ for a kit....Wilwood, Brembo, Endless, Stop Tech, Baer...

If you need I can hook you up.....

www.dezod.com
Old 05-19-2003
All Eyes On Z

Originally posted by djlutchi
You got burned....Brembo does not make a sport disc package being drilled & slotted. Only the GT brake kit comes like that. Sport rotors are only drilled or slotted. You got brembo OE rotors unfinished sold to a third party who slotted and drilled them....

I'd go with Power Slot, Brembo, Power Stop...

If you got $ for a kit....Wilwood, Brembo, Endless, Stop Tech, Baer...

If you need I can hook you up.....

www.dezod.com
I see your application list it the same as Brembos. But every time I see it, I'm convinced they don't have anything for our cars because:

They associate the brakes for the 6th Gen Civic as 96-01 instead of 01 or at least 02+. I don't know what to believe because I don't want to end up buying brakes for a 6th Gen Civic when I'm very sure they're different up front.

It makes me wonder has Brembo ever released something for our cars. I would believe it if they're years were correct, but I see they haven't even touched the RSX yet unless the list I see needs to be updated.
Old 05-19-2003
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Our rotors are the same as the 6th gen in every co....power slot, power stop & brembo
Old 05-20-2003
Registered!!

IllusiveImports is an unknown quantity at this point
aem pads are awsome hardly any dust last long time and stop me hella fast
Old 05-21-2003
All Eyes On Z

Originally posted by djlutchi
Our rotors are the same as the 6th gen in every co....power slot, power stop & brembo
It's nice to finally hear some verification... I think. But I think they should update their page. In about 4 months, we'll be seeing 2004 Civics and Brembo's site(s) saying 2001.

Now what about calipers? Are they the same, too?
Old 05-21-2003
7thgen Power Maker

Calipers, I am still doing my homework on.....I might have to say no...but it is too early to determine.....
Old 05-21-2003
Master

I didn't get burned, the rotors got Brembo logo inside the rotor where all genuine Brembo logos suppose to be. and no, my rotors aren't backwards, yours are.

Dont' forget Brembo's 01-02 slotted/drilled rotors are same as 03s. Check your new catalog from Brembo. I got mine from SEMA

Last edited by CivicBR900EX; 05-21-2003 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-21-2003
Master

it's weird, I looked at my bike's drilled rotors. They are the other way, and then I look at some GT cars and model cars, the are the same way as mine. maybe u can have it both way.
I determined which way mine was facing by looking at the OEM rotors. the OEM rotors have marks on them like slotted.
Old 05-21-2003
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Unless you do a lot of auto-crossing or racing, drilled/slotted rotors for our cars don't do much for everyday driving. And it's not like we drive super fast cars either.

And unless the rotors were specifically manufactured with drilling and slotting in mind (which usually only come on expensive high-performance cars and NOT Civics), all that extra drilling and slotting on solid rotors (sometimes by a guy who has a drill-press in his basement) will just weaken the integrity of the rotor.

If you're doing it just for looks, then great. But for any other purpose, I would just stick with high quality solid rotors... just my opinion.

Last edited by Ronin; 05-21-2003 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by CivicBR900EX
I didn't get burned, the rotors got Brembo logo inside the rotor where all genuine Brembo logos suppose to be. and no, my rotors aren't backwards, yours are.

Dont' forget Brembo's 01-02 slotted/drilled rotors are same as 03s. Check your new catalog from Brembo. I got mine from SEMA
Brembo DOES NOT sell Xdrilled and Slotted rotors. Its one or the other. They say brembo on them because they are brembo blanks. A shop bought them, and did the machining work, not brembo. Those rotors are intended to be smooth surface like a stock brake rotor. The real ones are about $160.
Old 05-21-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Brembo also says this "Brembo Sport drilled brake rotors are designed to meet the challenges of high performance street driving while adding an authentic, race-ready look." A race ready "LOOK"

the Tire Rack adds, "Brembo Sport drilled brake rotors are not recommended by The Tire Rack for track use or intended to be used in conjunction with race compound brake pads on the street. For severe duty brake demands see Brembo Sport slotted brake rotors."
Old 05-21-2003
All Eyes On Z

Originally posted by CivicBR900EX
and no, my rotors aren't backwards, yours are.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? "Yours are?" Where are mine?
Old 05-21-2003
Master

I ain't racing no one, just 4 SHO.
If the shop did the drilling, they sure did an awesome job. comes with anti-rust coating as well
Old 05-22-2003
Registered!!

djkidkaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, I have a question. Please bare with my ignorance on this topic as I have no clue what im talking about when it comes to brakes. But I am getting new rims next week and want to change the look behind the wheel to something fancy. The front of our cars ( 2002 Civic EX Coupe ) look ok with rims, but that backs look horrible behind the rims with that stock piece, whatever it is?! I know its possible to change the front brakes to something nice, but what about that horrible back? maybe the piece im referring to is a rotor, but im not sure. By the way, I drive an automatic. Not sure if that makes a different. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-22-2003
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
um ... that "stock piece" behind the rims in the back are called "drum brakes". Your front brakes are called "disc brakes".

Not much you can do about changing the look of the drum brakes, except maybe do a disc brake conversion to make them similar to your front ones, but that's quite expensive and complicated.

Or, you can maybe paint your drums silver along with fake calipers to make them look like discs ... just kidding
Old 05-22-2003
Registered!!

djkidkaz is an unknown quantity at this point
are you serious? they dont have like replacement drum brakes that are more sporty looking or something?
Old 05-22-2003
Master

some companies are making the replacement for the drums as we speak. The only sporty looking replacement would be big brake kit with drilled rotors. It's either drum or caliper....
Old 05-23-2003
All Eyes On Z

Originally posted by djkidkaz
are you serious? they dont have like replacement drum brakes that are more sporty looking or something?
SSBC has some rear disc brake conversions - on the condition you new rim is at least 16 inches larger. You can do something about it.

I wouldn't bother painting it. The exterior of the drum looks like crap, and painting it just brings out the crapness. If at night, I'd be glad if it hid behind the wheel in the wheel well.