Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Squeaking sound..what is it? Help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TuRtLE714 will become famous soon enoughTuRtLE714 will become famous soon enough
Squeaking sound..what is it? Help.

Well i started noticing that my front pass. wheel makes noise. When im goin about 5-10 miles it starts to squeak. At first i thought it was my wheel bearings but i jacked up that side and pushed in the wheel towards the supsension and it was okay. While it was up i spun that wheel and it made noise like it was hitting something but i couldnt find out what it was. Could it be my rotors being warped or my pads hitting? Its weird cause when i hit the breaks the noise goes away.
Old 02-13-2006
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
does it sound like theres some grinding noice???...i think you need to replace your brake pads and your rotors resurfaced...basically, i think its time for your brake service....

...i had the same symptoms before and never minded it until it got worst, took it for a brake service...then voila!!! a-ok
Old 02-13-2006
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^does dis help???
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
Have someone drive your car and you stand outside, try to find the exact spot it's coming from.
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

TuRtLE714 will become famous soon enoughTuRtLE714 will become famous soon enough
i jacked it up and turn that wheel its sounds like the brake pad is hitting the rotor. that possible?
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by claudeboi
does it sound like theres some grinding noice???...i think you need to replace your brake pads and your rotors resurfaced...basically, i think its time for your brake service....

...i had the same symptoms before and never minded it until it got worst, took it for a brake service...then voila!!! a-ok
its not grinding noise....i dont have any sound when i brake only when i move about 5-10 mph. it squeaks
Old 02-13-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
when your brake pads start getting low, you'll hear an occasional squeek ... it'll get louder and more frequent as time goes on...

how many miles ago was your last brake job?
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
when your brake pads start getting low, you'll hear an occasional squeek ... it'll get louder and more frequent as time goes on...

how many miles ago was your last brake job?
its the pads are low then when i dont break it will still make a squeak? i forgot when i changed my pads
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Take off the wheel and take a look.
Old 02-13-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TuRtLE714
its the pads are low then when i dont break it will still make a squeak? i forgot when i changed my pads
yup. there's a metal clip on the side of the pad that will squeek against your rotor when your pad starts to wear low... it serves its purpose as a brake pad wear indicator

it'll get much louder as time goes on ... and it'll do it all the time ... it's really rather embarassing if it gets to that point.
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

hadyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello from the UK

I bought a 2003 EP1 Civic hatchback from a honda dealer and my car too is making this squeaking noise with my foot off the break at about 30-40mph.

I can also make the noise if i turn my steering wheel to the right whilst moving at speed. Is it low brake pads?
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
well, it still could be a wheel bearing. Mine didn't wobble in or out if you jacked the car up, but it was bad. even my mechanic who worked on it w/ me wasn't convinced, he thought it was the pads / rotors cause the bearing had no play in it. When we got it all apart, the bearing was very hard to turn, like the bearings broke in pieces and it was grinding in there. It was also the pass front wheel. I just replaced it w/ a used one, rides like a new car now w/ 2 new rotors, pads and hub assembly / bearing. I think the hub was also cracked. I hit a huge pot hole and that's when all the fun started....
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

jerseydetailer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
if your not sure..look in your engine..if your brake fluid is low than yeah its probaly time for new pads unless you or someone topped it off which should never be done
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

it was the pads..changed them out and no more sound. also changed out the rotors to brembo blanks
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

hadyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TuRtLE714
it was the pads..changed them out and no more sound. also changed out the rotors to brembo blanks
Could you make the noise by turning your steering wheel whilst moving like me?

Hope its not wheel bearings
Old 08-07-2006
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
alright!!! i found that i have this problem!! thanks 7thgencivic.com, life saver!! i was gunna pay 600 dollars to have the whole wheel assembly replaced....did what was said here, and problem solved!