Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

New Brakes Squeaking Really Bad

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eightball will become famous soon enoughEightball will become famous soon enough
Angry New Brakes Squeaking Really Bad

I just put new powerslot rotors and hawk hp pads on. After about 30 miles of breaking them in the right side starting squeaking really bad. I've got about 100 miles on them now and it's still the same. Besides greasing the backs is there anything else I should do?? I've never had brakes squeak this loud and I can't even stand to drive my car right now. Any suggestions???
Old 09-24-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
My suggestion: grin and bear it

...look through the other threads on here about the hawks...and all the other carbon ceramic pads..they all squeak some a lil some a lot...best thing to do is check to amke sure everything is installed correctly and torqued PROPERLY....then ya grease em with the stop squeak...
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
well first pull off the wheel on the side that is squeaking bad and make sure everything was installed fine on that side. you may have got a small piece of debris lodged between the pad and rotor and that is causing the bad squealing. Pull the pads off and make sure nothing got caught in between. Also make sure you break the pads in as recommended by the instructions with the pads.
Old 09-24-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya there is a certain procedure on the pack. I'm assuming you did that. something like accelerate to 30mph and then brake to a stop and repeat 10 times and then do a few hard brakes and done let cool for 15 mins. I have the same pad/rotor combo but now i'm thinking of just using the powerslots with oem pads. Hawk make too much dust and are harsh on the rotor.