Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

what do people think of the goodyear assurance triple tred *edit - chart added*

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ironcow is on a distinguished road
what do people think of the goodyear assurance triple tred *edit - chart added*

ive got 185/65-15s right now on my oem alloys

im gonna upgrade to a 205/60-15 for all-season / winter driving at school
and the future plan would be to get 215/35 or 40 - 18s down the road

what would people recommend for winter and a good all-around tire

the triple tred got great reviews, any other suggestions?

edit -

goodyear tripletred

bfg

bridgestone g009

goodyear chart

bfg and bridgestone chart

Last edited by ironcow; 07-14-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never owned the goodyear. I have bf goodwrench traction t/a h rated tires and they are pretty good. Of course I dont see snow pretty much ever. Most times I get on tire rack and read the reviews of the tires. Their pretty good on the review of tires. Thats what I did for my traction t/a's.

I do assume you mean 205/60/15s. The measurements seem good. A 35 series tire is very low profile, I would recommend getting the 40 if your speedo doesnt get too far off normal.
Old 07-14-2005
Broken Road......

nitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to all
Goodyear sucks...trust me, I can tell you first handed. Go with the BFG Traction TA or Bridgestone G009
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by nitroal1973
Goodyear sucks...trust me, I can tell you first handed. Go with the BFG Traction TA or Bridgestone G009
ok well thanks for the info but reading reviews on tirerack it got nothing but 9s and up

i got discount tire down to 450 out the door with a 50 MIR so i think im gonna jump on that...im not looking for perfomance over all-season and weather

but on the other side they are 30 bucks cheaper a tire
now i dont know

Last edited by ironcow; 07-14-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-14-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Those goodyear assurance tires are awesome on a bigger car. I dont know about on a car like ours, but on heavier cars, ive never driven on a better all around tire. I know 3 people who have them on a mercedes, impala, and cadillac. They are comfortable and grip in all conditions. Now they arent exactly a performance tire in the racing sense, but are great everyday all around tires.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by soonercivic
Those goodyear assurance tires are awesome on a bigger car. I dont know about on a car like ours, but on heavier cars, ive never driven on a better all around tire. I know 3 people who have them on a mercedes, impala, and cadillac. They are comfortable and grip in all conditions. Now they arent exactly a performance tire in the racing sense, but are great everyday all around tires.

thats exactly what im looking for..does it really make a big difference on our cars?
Old 07-14-2005
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
I've had TripleTreds (205/60/15, I think, on stock alloys) for over a year now. I've driven them in heavy rain, ice, and light snow (spent Christmas driving around the Rockies on them). They are awesome tires. They have very confident grip on dry pavement (though not as good as high-performance summer tires--but those kinds of tires suck ***** in the rain and snow) and make you feel like you're driving on dry pavement when it's wet. I can get across an intersection without spinning my tires in the rain while everybody else is spinning theirs trying to get initial traction. I can also stop much, much quicker in the rain than with stock tires. The TripleTreds also cut down a lot on road noise, so I don't have to turn the radio up as loud to hear it. I've had all-season tires of about the same price (Bridgestones, Firestones, Goodyears, Michelins, and store brand tires) on seven vehicles, and the Triple Treds make them all seem crappy. But if you're going to see lots of snow, you should just get a set of winter tires and use those during the appropriate months, then switch back to summer tires.
Old 07-14-2005

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
Oh yeah... I don't baby my car when I drive it, and the Triple Treds show barely any wear at all. It looks like they'll probably last me the 60 or 80 thousand miles that the warranty says.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

nm didnt see the post above

thanks so much for the info...that makes me feel confident
i dont have that much snow but the snow that we did have made me not want to drive anywhere cause i could barely make it up a small hill without spining out

Last edited by ironcow; 07-14-2005 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
dont expect the same kind of performance from an all-season tire as you would get from a high performance all-season tire. you cant go by people's reviews of it, read the tire rack test results section for the tire. this is probably a tire you would put on a lincoln or a family sedan. this is a cruiser tire, not for speed, not for handling, just easy driving in all weather conditions.

the BFG traction T/A H are awesome tires from what i hear. thats one of my top choices, along with bridgestone RE950. both of those are great tires.

it really just depends on what kind of driving you do and what youre looking for from a tire.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by pbfoot
dont expect the same kind of performance from an all-season tire as you would get from a high performance all-season tire. you cant go by people's reviews of it, read the tire rack test results section for the tire. this is probably a tire you would put on a lincoln or a family sedan. this is a cruiser tire, not for speed, not for handling, just easy driving in all weather conditions.

the BFG traction T/A H are awesome tires from what i hear. thats one of my top choices, along with bridgestone RE950. both of those are great tires.

it really just depends on what kind of driving you do and what youre looking for from a tire.
i guess i drive agressive but im not racing ... i drive cross country at least twice a year ive got 2700 miles coming up in a month or so so i need somethint that lasts and can handle the winter...the ultimate goal is to have these on teh stocks for a winter tire and then get summer performance tires with 18s down the road
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
if youre gonna have dedicated winter tires, why not get winter tires? i mean, you live in kansas, you must get snow. get snow tires.
Old 07-14-2005

traction t/a was my second choice after the tripletreds
Old 07-14-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
I cornered the hell outta a mercedes ridin on the goodyears, stuck just as well as my toyos in a bigger car. I agree with PBFoot, I think they are intended more for small suv and large passenger cars. Either way, loved them when i was on them, great for an allseason tire. In Oklahoma, stores have a hard time keeping them in stock because they are so popular.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by pbfoot
if youre gonna have dedicated winter tires, why not get winter tires? i mean, you live in kansas, you must get snow. get snow tires.

i dont want to drive around on snow tires...i wont get rims for a while so this is an all year tire for now