Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Tire Warranty? Yay or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Tire Warranty? Yay or Nay?

I'm planning to buy some tires (4) from Whalentire.com and Im wondering if i should buy the warrenty for $33. Their policy for the tires is

Originally Posted by Whalentires.com
The warranty can be purchased with any tire purchase in our shopping cart section as long as you have provided accurate vehicle information and the selected tires are a size we recommend for the vehicle.
Would this warrenty work with my civic? I'm planning on getting some 17 inch tires.. but i'm not sure if the warrenty will be covered since my OEM tires are 14 inches.

Also, is the warrenty worth buying?

Thanks for any help!
Old 04-03-2005
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
that depends.... i have 16" with a 60k mileage warrantee, so i got it. So if its damaged before the 60k, they will give me money back based on how many more miles i coulda gone "theoretically" .. that warrantee came with the tires, so i then purchased the lifetime replacement warrantee, which replaced my tire if any irrepairable dmg occurs, as long as it wasn't vandalized.

all in all, i would recommend getting the warrantee if 1) you have really low profile tires with low mileage rating...cuase you have highest risk of something happening to your tires, if not your rims.
2) if you have a tires with high mileage rating, cause then you get the most out of your warrantee.