Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

toyo proxes

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jamie_civic is an unknown quantity at this point
toyo proxes

anyone have proxes or other toyos they would recomend, cuz i need some new tires for the summer.
Old 02-12-2005
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
what are your looking at?? T1R's or proxes 4's??

Either way, I say yes to Toyo.
Old 02-12-2005
Registered!!

low04 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you want to replace tires quick go with the proxes4...they grip really well, pretty quiet, but i only got about 3500 miles out of them. i dont drive hard, dont do burnouts, or anything like that. i do have a bit of a alignment issue but the tires worn out all the way across so thats not the problem. if you are lowered i would highly recommend the neo gen's the way the compound is made it is built for lowered cars and the inside tread has a different composite to make them last on a car with camber
Old 02-12-2005
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
You only got 3500 miles out of the proxes 4's. You must have some major camber problem. If you burned up the proxes 4 in that little time, imagine if you had the T1S or T1R.
Old 02-12-2005
Registered!!

low04 is an unknown quantity at this point
whats bad is the ones that were on the back(with camber) are still ok the ones on the front were gone in no time. i liked them dont get me wrong but i didnt expect to buy tires that quick either. the fronts worn evenly across so it wasnt the camber that ate them up
Old 02-12-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
a tire is a tire in most cases. i bet you'd be happy with the kumho ecsta supra 712's i ran them on my 17's and loved them, not as expensive as Toyo either
Old 02-12-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by low04
if you want to replace tires quick go with the proxes4...they grip really well, pretty quiet, but i only got about 3500 miles out of them. i dont drive hard, dont do burnouts, or anything like that. i do have a bit of a alignment issue but the tires worn out all the way across so thats not the problem.
wtf, 3500? Toyo makes awesome tires and they do not wear fast either

i have 215/35/19 Toyo Proxes 4 and I have about 3k miles on them and they still have the nipples everywhere and no wear is showing. I'm running negative camber in there rear too and the tires are fine.

Your alignment is messe dup really bad, you toe must be horrible if your tires wore out after 3500 miles
Old 02-12-2005
Registered!!

jamie_civic is an unknown quantity at this point
ya so im pretty much just gonna have to decide now if i go with the proxes 4 or t1s / t1r...i heard proxes 4 arent great for performance and the t1's are alot better. so i dunno still deciding...
Old 02-13-2005
Registered!!

03CivicEX03 should not be trusted03CivicEX03 should not be trusted
I just installed t1-s whooa.. it handle hecka good. I going 80 on 35 on turn, don't even make any noise. i have 205/50/15., i love'in it.
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

HShadow is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have the cash, go with the t1-s. They are a bit better in grip then the proxes 4. I have had both and I prefer the t1-s. I also have not had any problem with the tires wearing down quickly. I have had my t1-s tires now for a good 1 to 1 1/2 years and they preform great and look great tread wise.
Old 02-15-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
I have yokohama es100 ultra high performance tires. Best tire for me so far... you wont screetch with those tires. Only downfall, too loud and tire wears fast, also expensive. But you wont go wrong with these for summer. Rainy days are bad though.
Old 02-15-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by low04
whats bad is the ones that were on the back(with camber) are still ok the ones on the front were gone in no time. i liked them dont get me wrong but i didnt expect to buy tires that quick either. the fronts worn evenly across so it wasnt the camber that ate them up

Originally Posted by phuviano
You only got 3500 miles out of the proxes 4's. You must have some major camber problem. If you burned up the proxes 4 in that little time, imagine if you had the T1S or T1R.
Its not a camber problem its TOE... Toe will eat tires 10X faster then just about any ammount of camber.