Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

The downside of rediculous stopping power...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
The downside of rediculous stopping power...

They should look like this....

But they end up looking like this

The only reason I put up with this is because these pads have enough bite to overpower the ABS.
BTW... they're Axxis Ultimates, and thats only a week and a half.
Old 06-04-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
humm
Old 06-04-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acjones20 is an unknown quantity at this point
sucks, good looking wheel/tire combo though
Old 06-04-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
sell me those rims Boilermaker!!!!!
I'm serious man, if you ever think about selling them just PM me...pls
Old 06-08-2004
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
that looks kinda cool though lol gunmetalish. im serious too lol
Old 06-09-2004
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
lol

my bronze 5zigen wheels are black after a day at the track from the axxis ultimates
Old 06-09-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
*cough*cough* wow that's alot of brake dust...won't be getting those
Old 06-09-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
They dust alot because He runs them hard. with Every day joe average driving, a high temp pad will produce signifigantly less dust then a lower temp organic pad (Most will, some high temp pads just dust alot..). BUT... high temp pads are not known for their rotor frendlyness, and when you do run them hard, they dust alot.
Old 06-09-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I guess ebc greenstuff is classified as not rotor friendly.
Old 06-09-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
when compaired to OEM pads... All high temp pads arnt rotor friendly.

Check out the LeMans series, they are running pads so hard/high temp. that they will go through several $1,000 a piece rotors before the pads wear out...
Old 06-13-2004
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
I've only seen OZ rims on a Lancer. Or am I thinking of something else?
Old 06-13-2004
Zoom zoom

jiggerachi will become famous soon enough
^I thin k those are the cheap *** wheels, put on just for the name. OZ makes a lot more & better stuss than that. I believe alot of F1 teams use Oz wheels, as well as alot of WRC teams. But since F1 & WRC isnt popular in America, I guess all we see is the shitty Lancer wheels

Edit: www.ozracing.com
Old 06-13-2004
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Wait I saw them on an Eclipse today, too. But that's still Mitsubishi.
Old 06-13-2004
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
wooh! instant gun metal rims... j/k yeah that kinda sux, and i thought that i have problems with brake dust with my stock brakes...
Old 06-13-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
F1, WRC, IRL, Cart, Lemans, GT racing... lots of race teams use OZ wheels... Mugen even gets wheels made by OZ (the JGTC NSX runs Mugen/OZ wheels) the M12s are made by OZ as have a few others in the past . They're not popular here... they have a very limited network of dealers, they're hard to come by and they're rather expensive.
Old 06-24-2004
Registered!!

vtecharry is an unknown quantity at this point
My silver Rota Attacks have been brownish-black for over a year now since I installed the Hawk HP+ pads They dust worse than the Axxis Ultimates which I 've had on my Integra. Unbelievable stopping power though! Wouldn't trade them for any other (street) pad and I 've tried them all in the last 5yrs. EBC crap ( ), AEM, Metal Masters (ok), etc. HP+ No1, Ultimates No2. Makes up for the brake dust.

Only thing is I think the dust has become permanent now and part of the wheels because I couldn't get it all off the Rotas a couple of weeks ago. That's what happens when you wait 6mos to clean your wheels.. I probably didn't use the right stuff. Was just using dish soap and a sponge.

Last edited by vtecharry; 06-24-2004 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I have been using hawk pads now for about 2 weeks and very little dust on my hubs.
Old 06-25-2004
Registered!!

Yakkolio is an unknown quantity at this point
i have axxis and they black up my oem wheels in about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks also.
Old 06-25-2004
Registered!!

vtecharry is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by streetglower
I have been using hawk pads now for about 2 weeks and very little dust on my hubs.

Do you have the HP+ or HPS? HPS don't dust as much as HP+. Axxis Ultimates also dust more than HPS. If you have HPS let me know how you like them because I 'm thinking of going with those rather than getting HP+ again. BTW, the HP+ have lasted 50k mi. so far and there 's still enough pad material to go another 10k I think. Braking power has not diminished a bit. I do 90% highway driving though but I beat the brakes every chance I get. I like waiting and braking late.. just love their stopping power
Old 06-26-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrazyCakes is an unknown quantity at this point
dude you guys think that boiler's wheels look dirty?? i run HP+ with white konigs. if i don't wash my wheels every day they get dusty.
Old 06-26-2004
Registered!!

I have the HPS. They are ok, they are very friendly to the rotors, braking power is a little less than when I had EBC Greenstuff, but still good.
Old 06-26-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by CrazyCakes
dude you guys think that boiler's wheels look dirty?? i run HP+ with white konigs. if i don't wash my wheels every day they get dusty.
Trust me... the picture doesn't really make it as bad as it is. Wait until after next monday. I'm lapping at Gingerman... lets see what 2 hours on a race track does.