Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Cheap, Lightweight 15's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Cheap, Lightweight 15's?

Thanks to Boilermaker1 I know of a site where I can get Konig Heliums in 15x6.5 that are 11.4lbs each, but they're for a Miata so I'd have to do the 4 lug conversion.

So, does anyone know of a site where you can get lightweight 15's (stock size) for our cars? I searched but it didn't help much cuz most people want 16's or 17's. Oh yeah, I'm looking for nice cheap wheels, not like $400 each.

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
dude... the bolt pattern and offset is the same. Just buy them and slap them on. Like I told you in the PM, all you need is a 56.1mm hubcentric ring and the wheel fits on a Civic.
Old 10-27-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Rota. cheap. light.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2439360256

konig heliums
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2439410847
Old 10-28-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Cheep and light ushually dont go in the same sentence. but there are a couple of companys that are good. Rota like civicvtec1ps posted. but the Circut 10s are heavier then the slipstreams.

What tire are you planing to put on these?

Boilermaker might be interested in this, Ive heard that its best to put the Falken Azenis on a 7 to 8 inch wheel. (Dont know about the MX) Reason being is that the Azenis 205 has a wider contact pathch then many 225's and to take advantage of that you need a wider wheel. Who knows, maybe Ill cough up the cash for a set of Keizer race wheels in 15X7 or 8, Can we even fit an 8 inch wheel?
Old 10-28-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah... I heard about that... of course it was after I bought my 6.5s... oh well. Its not like I'm gonna sell them over 1/2 an inch. I'm not going for a national championship at the moment.
I'm sure you could fit an 8" on there... but I don't think STS will let you. There maybe 1 or 2 7.5" wide ones available with 4x100.
Old 10-28-2003
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
hey guys, I think I've decided upon the enkei RP-F1's.

they're 15X7, 9.1lbs, and are supposed to be strong.

I found them for $189USD each at www.championwheels.com

Can someone give me some pros/cons for this wheel?

I think I may have decided to put on the michelin pilot sport cup's (205/50/15) onto them, giving me almost a 6% gain with gearing.

...for solo2 only, of course.
Old 10-28-2003
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally posted by tekgnosis

I think I may have decided to put on the michelin pilot sport cup's (205/50/15) onto them, giving me almost a 6% gain with gearing.

Those Rota's that Pete uses are pretty light and from what I hear, very strong.
Old 10-28-2003
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know what type of tire I'm going to get yet, but it's going to be the same size as stock.

It's not going to be those crappy Firestones, however.
Old 10-28-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Rota Slipstreams in 15X6.5 are 11.8lbs and cost around $100
Old 10-28-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally posted by tekgnosis

WARNING before you buy them... MAKE SURE the spokes will clear the calipers. This is a biggie. For a lot of cars (ITRs, Miatas, WRXs, etc....) the stock size diameter RP-F1 will not clear the calipers because Enkei made the spokes too deep. So be certain that it all works out before you use them... its a pretty expensive **** up if it doesn't clear.
Old 10-28-2003
Autocross Junky

tekgnosis, are you limited to a minimum tread wear for your class? Im not sure how things work up there. and I vagely remember something about points... If your not, check out some Kumho Victoracers or the V700, the may be cheeper then the Pilot Sport cups and out perfome them too (you can get the Victoracers in a 225/50ZR15 for $117 and the V700s in a 225/45WR15 for 120... they are 132-135 if you want them heat cycled or shaved, I recomend Heat cycling)

This is vs $191 for a 205/50YR15 in the pilot sport cup or $194 for a 225/50YR15

Last edited by Zzyzx; 10-28-2003 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-30-2003
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
Boilermaker1: crap, I hadn't heard of that before fek!!!

Zzyzx: tread wear: no worries. I was thinking about the victoracers and the V700's...

hrm.

the thing is, I was rubbing with 215/45/17's, and the 225/50/15's is almost the same size (I think...it was a couple of days ago that I used the tire calc), so I'm almost positive that I'll be rubbing the outside of the wheelwell

hrm.

but, I'm sure they have a smaller size, non? I was looking into 205/45/15. I believe it was near 6% smaller in diameter than stock.

tough choice...

especially now since Boilermaker1 tells me the rims may not fit dang!