Air Conditioning Post issues with air conditioning here

AC Compressor Clutch Coil Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ray Darvi is an unknown quantity at this point
AC Compressor Clutch Coil Test

My 2001 Civic AC stopped working and I was stupid enough to mess up the clutch per
without checking the fuse and relays first. So that didn't help and I ended up shaving too much of the clutch and messed it up. Ordered the clutch assembly with coil online to be delivered this weekend. Then found out that the 20A AC fuse under the hood was bad. Fixed the fuse and checked both relays seem to be fine. Now even though I can confirm power in the fuse/relay box, the clutch still won't engage and I don'thear and feel and magnetic suction from the coil, but the condenser fan does start. So I'm suspicious of the coil gone bad, because I had bad oil leak (which is fixed now), and thinking maybe that broke the coil or it just died. So trying to check power to coil, I see one wire set going to the clutch coil and what I think is the drier, and I wanted to confirm that the rest of power distribution works, but not sure how to do that. When I unplug the drier to check for - and +, the whole circuit stops and I don't have + in the plug, so I thought the drier must be completeing the circuit. While I'm waiting for the clutch until this weekend, how can I confirm the rest is fine?