Engine start problems Post issues with engine start here. Does not start, does not run, etc.

crank no start

Old 12-29-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tadman is an unknown quantity at this point
crank no start

My civic wornt start. i checked the timing 3 times. There is fuel pressure at the fuel rail. My c.o.p. are getting 12 volts.I have compression 110 psi. I just did the head gasket and had the head resufaced, now it cranks but wont start, doesnt even attempt to start. I also adjusted the rockers to spec.The check engine light will turn on when i put the key in and turn it to ignition. stays on for 20sec. then flashes 5 times and turns off. Once i turn the key to start the car it cranks but no start. When I turn the key back to ignition the check engine light is off and the battery light is on. I have tried everything i can this of......any ideas??
Old 12-29-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: crank no start

The check engine light will turn on when i put the key in and turn it to ignition. stays on for 20sec. then flashes 5 times and turns off.
Normal, when emissions monitors are incomplete.

There is fuel pressure at the fuel rail.
But...Do the injectors squirt fuel?
My c.o.p. are getting 12 volts.
But...Is there spark?

I have compression 110 psi.
If the gauge is accurate and the method used is the same as mine, that's low. I expect to see 180 PSI or higher when I do a compression check on a good engine.
Cam timing off by a couple teeth? How did you check?
When I turn the key back to ignition the check engine light is off and the battery light is on.
Not sure what to think about this one.

Did you get all of the wiring reinstalled correctly? Even the ground wires on top of the thermostat housing?
Any codes?
Old 01-02-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tadman is an unknown quantity at this point

no codes. unable to start, tripple checked everything and had my partner check as well. i suspect the iat or cam sensor.
Old 01-02-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

unable to start
I'm sure.
tripple checked everything and had my partner check as well
What did you check? How did you check? What were the results?

For an engine to run, it needs spark, fuel, and compression...in the correct amounts, and at the correct times.

How did you check that there is spark?
How did you check that there is fuel being squirted from the injectors?
What has been done to correct the super low compression readings?

If you suspect IAT or Cam sensor, unplug them and try it.