Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Radiator support help/advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maeda is an unknown quantity at this point
Radiator support help/advice

Hello, I rear ended someone at a stop sign back in late october and Bent the top portion of the core support far enough to nearly touch my uel headers. Externally you cant tell the dmgs are bad other than the obvious lifted hood from the bent hinges proping the hood up.
Four days later after the accident a estimator checked out my cars dmgs and reported about 3k in repairs. I sent the car to a shop associated with my insurrence about 1.5months later after recieving my claim money but now after the shop took my headlights out and looked at the other possible dmgs it went up to 7k and my car is now a total loss. Insurrence never called me after the shop called them and now im stuck in a pickle. Only reason im not gonna total the car because the chassis and engine/Tranny only haves 53k miles.

It runs and drives fine with no overheating issue even with the coolant line that kinked but only overheated it once.
What options are there for me?
And anyone with experiance, it this really 7k to repair this? Ive seen worst accidents and repairs were below 5k.

Old 12-17-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,203 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Radiator support help/advice

get in touch with insurance yourself.

car-parts.com for hood, fenders, bumper - scrapyard listing near you, if you can get same color, you are off painting them.

also, check bachands thread here:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...-20-years.html
Old 12-17-2020
Registered!!

Yea i did look at bachands thread. But his was just the passanger side. Mines bent on both sides and I remember hearing that the bottom portion of the headlight mounts were about to rip off. So im guessing there is no main frame dmg but the car is stuck at the shop.
Im gonna have to call insurrence later today or friday.
Old 12-17-2020
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,203 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

good luck. Either get a painted used parts or simply forgo the paint for now and the price should drop

the support frame need be welded and aligned, so price is still high. will need to be at least rust protected too, even if you forgo paint.
Old 12-17-2020
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
leok99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Find another store for estimate since your car is drivable.
Old 12-17-2020
Registered!!

Originally Posted by leok99
Find another store for estimate since your car is drivable.
Yea, Im gonna try that and look around town.