Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Another civic off the street - 56K might take a long while

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MojoMyCivic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Unhappy Another civic off the street - 56K might take a long while

Before:

After:

The other person's vehicle:

My car is a total loss according to the Farmer's Insurance adjuster. The tow yard person told me that the adjuster showed up, walked around the car, and left. He didn't even open up the hood? Well, here's the engine pics

Great....now I'm driving a bright yellow Dodge Caliber as a rental car. That thing is hidious, everyone looks at me and some even laugh.......wtf. It's a neat little car, but its really slow and things are breaking even though it only has a little over ten thousand miles on it.
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Wow, It's hard to believe that is really totalled.

Sorry for you loss and good luck with finding a new car.
Old 09-29-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
dont look totaled. looks like maybe 5-6k in damages
Old 09-29-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure what you should be more pissed about. The fact that your car is dead, or that you're forced to drive a yellow caliber. Let us know what you end up buying next.
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

Kaden_23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude that sucks! Sorry
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks man...that car definatly is beat up, but doesn't look totaled to me. You should go try to get those stock rims from your car...someone would buy them...that someone might be me
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

I would sell those rims if they weren't all beat up. I barely had time to get my stuff out of the car. The insurance company was hushing me to release the car from the lot cause they charged 25 bucks per day.

And it didn't really looked totalled to me either. But that's what stupid insurance told me, sigh. I loved that car, even though it wasn't he fastest thing, but it sure got some great mileage. In addition, it only had 55 thousand miles on it too. As for a new car, I'm thinking about a used 2003 TL, its going for 16,800 at a nearby Ford dealership. Not sure just yet though, might end up getting a brand new car. The worst thing is, my back and neck started to hurt yesterday and the insurance claim adjustor wouldn't return my call. I also got burnt on my right wrist from the air bag. Man, this week sucks!
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
it's prolly alot worse then it looks. if that passenger side strut tower is messed up bad enough, well it's just not worth repairing because the car won't drive right.
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
damnnnnnnnnn...sorry man...um..what happened..? he ran a red light and you hit him..??? or vice versa..?
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

I was driving to pick my girlfriend up in a different campus. I drive down that road every single day. It was around 1 in the afternoon and it started raining real hard out of nowhere. I had my headlights on too, just in case people can't see me. so I was driving and driving, approached this intersection with a green light. As I was entering the intersection, this girl was going to make a left turn from the opposite side of the road. I guess the car next to me blocked her view. She was slowly rolling out and when I entered the intersection, she decided to make the turn. She didn't accelerate fast enough and I was like "Oh, sh*t!" So I slammed on the brakes and the wet floor didn't help me stop at all. I preceed to slide toward her and I turned to the left hoping that I just might miss her by a little. But the back of her car didn't clear and I smashed right into her. Then I spun 360 degrees and ended up facing the on coming traffic and she spun into the other road as well. Both my air bags deployed and there was smoke everywhere. She ran out of her car along with these two dudes from a truck rushed to me and make sure I was alright as the airbag fuem made it look like as if my car was on fire.

The dumb thing was, when the cop arrived, he had us filled out this envolope and exchanged it with the other driver. The cop himself didn't even ask me what happened. Not sure if he took a statement from the other driver as I was still in shock and calling my insurance company. As of witnesses, they all left after the cop arrived, so I don't think anyone left their numbers with the other driver. My uncle told me that I should've went straight into her cause then now it make be used as my disadventage that I smashed the rear quarter of her car. But I didn't really have time to think about it when it happened, it just came out of nowhere. Plus, I didn't want to hurt anyone or myself. Luckily both of car cars spun clear of other cars. Man, I should've went straight and get like a broken neck or something.
Old 09-29-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
that sucks man. at least youre ok.
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MojoMyCivic
Man, I should've went straight and get like a broken neck or something.
nah don't say that as long as your ok yO...could of been worse especially on those rainy days...I really hope everything goes ur way...
Old 09-30-2006
Registered!!

Thanks for all your support, I could really use some. I still haven't figured out what's going to happen yet. Apparently the attorney I was supposed to meet with tomorrow sorta sucks so I'm going to have to find a different attorney. Everyday the pain grows. I shall go check it out tomorrow. My neck, upper middle back, lower back are all sore and tight. Dispice all these I still have to work as if nothing has happened. I work as a waiter on Sundays and I just asked my boss if the other dude can sub for me on Sunday, and she was like, "you'll be all right by then, its just tense muscle and you need to move more so it'll go away sooner." Supposingly when she had her accident, she rolled three times, she was only told to take some pain reliever and "healed". I tried lifting some heavy things, and my back just wasn't having it. I hope its not going to be permanent.
Old 09-30-2006
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
yea bro i know how u feel....but i spend over 7k of mods on my car and when it was totalled..........it hurted

now i drive a super gas efficient civic......

Old 09-30-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, I have to be a medic for a second here. Get that **** looked at and fixed. If you keep working with your neck/back like it is, you could do permanent damage. I have equal faith in chiropractors and drugs. I fvcked up my back last summer carrying some fat@$$ up a flight of stairs and was outta work for a month. I have a lot of faith in my chiropractor since he got my back straightened out and I haven't had any major problems since. There's also the option of going to an actual MD, and getting some flexeril and vicodin. At minimum, you could be taking an OTC NSAID like Tylenol to keep the swelling down. If your muscles are strained, you aren't going to be able to maintain proper alignment for lifting things at work and you will fvck your back up. Go see someone. Besides, if you live in a "no fault" state like NY, your medical bills will be covered until the two car insurance companies finish fighting about who's gonna pay. Good luck.
Old 09-30-2006
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
i say try to get the car back and part out your stock stuff. Get some money!
Old 09-30-2006
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
wow my car looked exactly the same like 2 months ago... my airbags didnt go off though... damnit... so it got fixed... sorta...

glad yer mostly ok..

so does this mean yer fusebox, washer fluid nozzles and mirror switche are intacted and available?
Old 09-30-2006
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough
sorry man glad your ok though. ya im sure you already know this but the reason they considered it totaled is because your airbags went off. i think each airbag has to run around 1500$ add that to the 5-6k in front end damage and its not worth ti to fix it.
Really sorry to see your civic go. good luck with the new car and make sure you get yourself to a doctor.
Old 09-30-2006
Registered!!

Nyte will become famous soon enoughNyte will become famous soon enough
That looks like my car when it got hit. Cost $6.7k to fix it up. luckily only had to pay a $250 deductable ^^
Old 09-30-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
your car doesnt look totaled, I'm surprised they said so ,check that out and glad you're ok man, that's the important thing..
Old 09-30-2006
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
its the airbags... 9 times out of 10 if they go off.. yer car is done..

strip the hell out of it and part it on ebay
Old 09-30-2006
Registered!!

adishman should not be trustedadishman should not be trustedadishman should not be trusted
cant you by the car back if its not to bad you could get it for cheap and thay will pay you to...
Old 10-01-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
that sucks u keeping the rims?
Old 10-01-2006
Registered!!

blackbox_06 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think you could have told the insurance company that you wanted to keep the car and they would have gave you the some of the money that you would have gotten if you had given them the car...thats what my bro did when some hit his bonneville...they told him it was totaled but it was because it was like a 70 somthing bonneville....you would make the money back from reading this thread lol
Old 10-01-2006
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough
not being agianst you and all, but dont you have abs? i mean you should be runnin alil fast in rainy day... well the good thing is your both ok and didnt hit anyone else.
Old 10-01-2006
Registered!!

civic4dizoor is on a distinguished road
Those firestones look kinda bald. GL ,Time for a new car
Old 10-02-2006
Registered!!

Yeah, I do have abs. But the stopping distance was so short and it just started puring when it happened. I didn't know you can take apart the car, cause the insurance company was in such a hurry to take the car into their facility to examine the car, I didn't have time to take those stuff out. I didn't even bother taking my deck out that is less than a year old, but oh well. Yeah, those tires are the original ones that came with the car. Drove them for 55 thousand miles during winter too. Those tires suck in the snow, I still remember seeing cars passing by me while I was stuck in the snow....

I went to the ER cause my mom was yelling at me to go see a doctor and the clinics were closed. I stayed there for almost 4 hours. Somehow that day was really busy for them. I had X-ray and it turned out just some muscle spasm. I was prescribed three different pills but have yet to pick'em up. Sorry for being a noob, but what does it mean if its a no fault state? I was told to hire a lawyer and sue the other person. But I don't know if I'd want to go to thearpy like 4 times a week and stuff. School and work already occupy all my time, it sucks. Any of you guys know how much the insurance will compensate for the total loss? I just wish they'd send me the check already so I can get a car and stop driving the bright yellow Caliber.
Old 10-02-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
i've had a similar accident...it would have been almost totaled but i got it fixed for $1200...
it took out my core support, hood, bumper, bumper support, radiator, ac condenser and a few other things

Old 10-02-2006
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
sorry that happened man, get thoes Rx's.
Dont talk about hitting the lady stright on, think if she suffered more pain? Accidents are fvucked up things though. The other person is always the @sshole- shes probably saying that it was all your fault, bish. Lol... but dude, your allright, well, mostly. Be glad, i'm suprised that your vic didnt crumple more being its so light, but that is a lot of damage for meeting in an intersection. Did you floor it off from the crosswalk?

sorry it happened, mayne pick up one of the new vic's instead of a TL... u know the back seats down fold down? How stupid is that...
Old 10-02-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
that doesnt look totaled to me at all. it basicvally looke like the 96 teg that is getting fixed now. the isn co. told me that they were totaling it so i went and found used parts for cheap and saved $1k off the bid. then they said they still wanted to total it so i asked what they valued it at and it was like $2500 less than its actual value. so i would ask questions if i were you or you may end up getting screwed. i made them re-evaluate my car and its getting fixed now!!

Quick Reply: Another civic off the street - 56K might take a long while