Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Door Lock is broken

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006
x.X
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x.X is an unknown quantity at this point
Door Lock is broken

Hi, everyone
I have a slight problem my keyless entry does not work for my driver's side door. Currently, I have to use my key to open it which I find it a pain in the ***. and Honda wants to charge 52+tax/30mins to take a look at it?. I know its not the battery problem on the remote because the passenger side open.Someone said it had to do with the motor or some bar. Is it easy to open up the door panel? Did anyone have this problem before ? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

K
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
your door lock actuator on the drivers door is bad. it is actually pretty easy to replace. I had the same problem along time ago and I purchased the door lock assembly from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com for around $50 and took about an hour to install. Here is the DIY for it

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...+lock+actuator

Last edited by streetglower; 02-24-2006 at 05:17 AM.
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

Ricky is an unknown quantity at this point
check your fuse first then check the inside of the door what going on in there then maybe it's the acuator i have 60'000 and mines is ok
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
there is no seperate fuses for each door actuator. there is only fuses that control the keyless reciever unit and mulitplex control unit. if a fuse pops, none of the doors will work.
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Funny thing, same thing happened last week on my dirver side lock and didnt open or lock when I pressed the keyless entry in the morning, but it worked in the afternoon, I figured it was fozen or something
Old 02-26-2006
Registered!!

noooorb is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DDragon7
Funny thing, same thing happened last week on my dirver side lock and didnt open or lock when I pressed the keyless entry in the morning, but it worked in the afternoon, I figured it was fozen or something
same thing happened to my civic.