Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

dealer installation of my license plate scratched my paint - warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
dealer installation of my license plate scratched my paint - warranty?

when the dealer installed my license plate, they didnt use the little foam pieces that go behind it, and when i took it off to do it right, there was a mark in my paint that i couldnt wash off from where the edge of the license plate rubbed against the trunk. when i put it all back on, i put the rubber pieces on so the license plate wouldnt touch the paint, took off the dealer license plate frame and used the front plate frame since we dont need a front license plate here in PA the mark in the paint is behind the license plate, but its still there. should i bring this up with the dealer or not worry about it?
Old 01-28-2002
AB
Registered!!

AB is an unknown quantity at this point
when the dealership fixed my SRS light, they had to do it by taking apart the steering wheel... in doing so, they put a big dent on my honda emblem on the steering wheel... that sucks... i said nothing... but i wish i would've acted sooner... so don't do what i did, which was nothing... go in there and demand a compensation
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

2002DX is an unknown quantity at this point
Why does that stupid SRS light come on? Mine is on already after 1000 miles.
Old 01-28-2002
AB
Registered!!

AB is an unknown quantity at this point
bring it in to your dealer, because many people have had the same problem. it's on because of a faulty sensor they made or something.... they fix it for free.. dont' wait.. do it now
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

01LX is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as the scratched paint is concerned, they will only touch it up with touch-up paint, nothing more.
Old 01-29-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
If the dealer damages your car, seriously take advantage and bitch at them about it! DON'T let it go unnoticed. Show them how much you appreciate your car. They tend to treat the cars that are taken well care of by their owners, BETTER. Even if you took your car in with bird sh't totally on it, don't let it go unnoticed cuz it is their cause, and it's not their job to f'ck up the cars. It's not likely they're gonna fix it themselves cuz they aren't gonna get paid for doing a job they aren't supposed to do so it's on you if you want them to fix it. Act so disappointed (if it's serious especially) that you want like a discount from the parts department. It's their job to satisfy you!
Old 01-29-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
its not too bad and its hidden under the license plate, but i would rather let them use their touch-up paint and their time on it, and they probably have a steadier hand with it than i do

i have another scratch to touch-up on the wheel well, but im afraid to do it myself and get touch up paint all over the area. i did the area i scratched from putting my moon-roof visor on myself, but that was in the lip in the roof where no one would ever see it, so i wasnt too worried about how it looked, i just didnt want it to rust or anything