General Post issues, questions that are not in the other sub-forums

Airbag advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btday is an unknown quantity at this point
Airbag advice

Two years ago I took my 05 Civic EX to the dealership to diagnose the airbag light. I was told it has a "pinched floor harness" and will cost $1700 after tax to replace. I decided to leave it broken. Recently I was thinking fixing it myself and tested the code and got 21-1. The code is for "open or increased resistance in driver's seat belt buckle tensioner". To my understanding this should be covered by Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty. But I'm worried if I take it back to the dealership they going to say the same thing and charge another $100 diagnostic fee. I was told the pinched wire was in the cowl and after looking over countless diagrams I don't see that the floor harness goes through the cowl into the engine bay? Are they lying to me or could this issue be caused by a pinched wire?
Old 11-21-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btday is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Airbag advice

Also odd is that two months before they diagnosed it as a pinched floor harness, I had taken it to to dealership for a separate issue. The previous issue was code 9-3 which they resolved by installing a new driver's seat belt buckle set. It seems like that's the same part the current 21-1 code refers to. When I was talking to the technician about the pinched harness I asked if that could've occurred due to the previous repair and he stated that the two problems are in completely different areas.

It could also be that maybe I'm reading the code wrong. The code is 4 quick flashes, 4 quick flashes, 1 flash, pause, 1 fast flash. I read that the 4 quick flashes represents 10. The invoice for the pinched harness diagnosis does not mention what the airbag code was.