General Post issues, questions that are not in the other sub-forums

unlock the steering column.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phillip Lloyd is an unknown quantity at this point
unlock the steering column.

I have a civic that has been junked the motor is bad. Not needing it ive lost the keys. I don't need the car to run. I just need to beable to move it to another location on my property. What can I do? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2020
Super Moderator

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,327 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: unlock the steering column.

Remove the ignition cylinder and the steering wheel will turn as normal. Take the trim pieces off of the steering column. The ignition assembly is held on with two bolts on the top. These bolts break during installation though so there is no hex head or anything on them. You will have to cut them off, cut a notch in them and then use a flat-head screw driver, or use a screwdriver and a hammer to get the bolts to loosen.
Old 06-03-2020
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light
Re: unlock the steering column.

If you don't need to steer it and just want it in Neutral (assuming an AT here), you can use the shift interlock release under the tab at the shift console.