General Post issues, questions that are not in the other sub-forums

UNCOMMON engine vibration problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
omegabeams is an unknown quantity at this point
UNCOMMON engine vibration problem

Hi, I have a 2002 civic LX and ive had a vibration problem since i bought it 3 months ago. It gets worse when operating the windows and also pulses to timing of the signal light when turned on. I have replaced all the engine mounts and spark plugs, cleaned the throttle body and IAC valve, replaced the PCV valve, replaced the air intake system with a short ram intake, replaced the exhaust manifold/catalytic converter/ muffler, replaced a couple bad grounds, and replaced fuel pump & fuel filter. nothing has helped. can anybody help me? i have no clue what it could be.
Old 05-31-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: UNCOMMON engine vibration problem

Checked engine mounts? alternator and belt
Old 05-31-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

since i bought it
Maybe it's normal for the car. The previous owner didn't have an issue with it (apparently)
It's a 4 cylinder and it DOES vibrate.....and loading an engine at low RPM causes even more vibration.

Compare to a similar car that has no complaints, see if your car is comparable or not.
I have replaced all the engine mounts
Aftermarket mounts are usually crap, they usually aren't as soft as factory mounts and tend to transmit much more of the engine vibration into the body.
Old 06-01-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
omegabeams is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everybody, I think I must've just bought shitty motor mounts. I went economy. Can anybody recommend a good brand for ride quality? I couldn't care less about performance, I just want a smooth ride.
Old 06-01-2019
Registered!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
guitarsnlikker is an unknown quantity at this point

Strange post.
Old 06-01-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Price a set of mounts from HONDA
The vibration issue probably won't seem all that bad once you know how much good mounts cost

Also, look up how to neutralize your mounts and see if doing that helps any
Old 06-01-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

You did all four mounts right? Two engine mounts and two torque mounts?

There's also the shifter linkage bushings and shifter base bushings, on manual transmission, which can vibrate.

As well , window seals can go and you'll hear a higher pitched rattle, unlike a mount sound, but similar. (My car rattles bad in the rear window in winter)