Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help: Changed mounts but still have interior vibration

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
houston101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help: Changed mounts but still have interior vibration

Hi everyone, I had all 3 mounts of my 2006 Honda civic (68K miles) replaced. When I start the vehicle the interior vibrates,the vibration is more pronounced around 12000 rpm.

The vibration eases as engine heats up but if I idle the engine it can still be felt at 12000 rpm. The strange part is that if you open the hood you don't feel any vibration.

I have been to 3 different mechanics and all of them confirmed the engine mounts are fine but still couldn't find the cause.

I have been searching on this forum but haven't found anything that could point me in the correct direction.

I have been reading this forum and I see that we have quite a few civic experts,can you guys please help me on this?
Old 08-24-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help: Changed mounts but still have interior vibration

The large one on the passengers side is the only one I have ever had to replace. The rest aren't normally a problem.

Did you use factory parts?
If you used aftermarket mounts, that's most likely the problem.
Reinstall the original factory mounts and see how it feels.
Buy a factory mount for the one bad one on the passengers side.
Old 08-24-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
The large one on the passengers side is the only one I have ever had to replace. The rest aren't normally a problem.

Did you use factory parts?
If you used aftermarket mounts, that's most likely the problem.
Reinstall the original factory mounts and see how it feels.
Buy a factory mount for the one bad one on the passengers side.
Thank you very much for the reply ezone.

I paid $450 to have these aftermarket mounts installed. Is there a cheaper solution than installing original factory mounts?
Old 08-24-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by houston101
Thank you very much for the reply ezone.

I paid $450 to have these aftermarket mounts installed. Is there a cheaper solution than installing original factory mounts?
You do the math and tell me.

Get all your original parts back and reinstall them, that will make it cheaper.

IMO replacing only the bad mount with a genuine factory part would have been much cheaper than what you (or your shop) did.

I just picked the commonly bad engine mount for a random 06 sedan, only $132.11 (plus shipping) from an online dealer catalog:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry 2=2006&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=ENG INE+MOUNTS+%28AT%29

HTH
Old 08-28-2014
Registered!!

ezone just want to let you know that I replaced the after market parts with orignal honda parts and the vibration is gone. There is a big difference in the 'quality' of ride now.

Hopefully this will help anyone else also who has the same problem.

I have always used after market parts on all of my cars, this is the first time I have had problems.

Thank you ezone.
Old 08-28-2014

Thanks for the update!
Old 08-31-2014
33-
r0x a black c1v1

33- is an unknown quantity at this point

I need to replace the mounts on my 2008 civic 2-door ex...(after i replace the fan motor for the ac lol) how much am i going to be spending on the engine mount parts?
Old 08-31-2014

Originally Posted by 33-
I need to replace the mounts on my 2008 civic 2-door ex...(after i replace the fan motor for the ac lol) how much am i going to be spending on the engine mount parts?
If you try to fix yours the same way the OP tried to fix theirs, you will waste a whole lot of money.
I hope you read the whole thread here and learn from it.

Yours should only need the same engine mount described above, unless yours has something other than the typical failure.

Online dealer catalog link, pick out your car and look up your part yourself: www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
Coupe/sedan, and auto trans/manual trans all make a difference in the mount so choose carefully.

Mount in question is part #6

Which fan motor, the one in the dash?
It's easy, only about 3 screws hold it in. Use factory parts and the job will go smooth.

Link for fan: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...=HEATER+BLOWER

Last edited by ezone; 08-31-2014 at 03:47 PM.