Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Door Unlock Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silentdub is an unknown quantity at this point
Door Unlock Issues

2014 Civic, when you approach the vehicle on the passenger side with the key in your pocket, you can reach out and the door unlocks, the drive side is not longer doing the same. It is as if the key is not present.

All the key fob functions work and the vehicle is in perfect condition, 0 issues. New battery too. It was working then start not working some of the time to not working at all now. Pass side is still fine.

Is there a module in the door? Anyone have a diagram? Threads the you can point me to?

Appreciate the help.
Old 12-10-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Door Unlock Issues

Is there a module in the door?
Will the touch sensor work if you hold the fob extremely close to the handle?
Does the little button on the outer handle still make the doors lock?

In the door it's pretty much the handle assembly, and wiring. It then connects to the keyless access control unit which is buried in the dash.
Old 12-11-2018
Registered!!

The button on the handle locks the doors with no problem. When I press the button on the handle, the light on the key fob lights up but the no proximity function at all.

The only part that doesn't work is the proximity on the driver side. Passenger side works fine.
Old 12-11-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming you don't have any way to check fault codes and read operating data from the keyless access system?

The outer door handle looks kinda pricey to me...........Assuming the handles' harness connectors are exactly the same --I'd be tempted to swap the front handles (plug in only) just to check if the other handle will work correctly in the drivers door.
Old 12-11-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
I'm assuming you don't have any way to check fault codes and read operating data from the keyless access system?

The outer door handle looks kinda pricey to me...........Assuming the handles' harness connectors are exactly the same --I'd be tempted to swap the front handles (plug in only) just to check if the other handle will work correctly in the drivers door.

I have the handle out now, not sure it comes apart to check the wiring inside. I'm going to check the rest of the harness for any broken wires especially between the door and body, otherwise I am thinking it is the handle. She claims it was working and sometimes it wouldn't and now most of the time it doesn't. If it was the control module it would either work or it won't. That is what has me thinking it is a mechanical type failure or in the handle itself.
Old 12-12-2018

Originally Posted by silentdub
I have the handle out now,

I am thinking it is the handle.
Originally Posted by ezone
to swap the front handles (plug in only) just to check if the other handle will work correctly in the drivers door.