Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

Clock and date and year reset problem. [cause found, need solution from Honda]

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleandog is an unknown quantity at this point
Clock and date and year reset problem. [cause found, need solution from Honda]

We have owned our 2007 Civic Hybrid since it was new. Today noticed clock was wrong. I have had to reset clock before and had no problem. But this time it will not reset. I have tried and wife has tried just in case I was missing something. It will not go into mode where numbers flash to reset time or am/pm.
Also date and year has defaulted to January 1, 2002. When I set it to Jan. 3 2021 it doesn't hold date reverts to Jan. 1, 2002. This is interesting since it is a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid.
I am confident I am following owners manual directions on resetting the clock, seems as there is another problem.
Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Thank you,
Joe

Last edited by cleandog; 01-03-2022 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2022
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
comptuertech82 is an unknown quantity at this point
re: Clock and date and year reset problem. [cause found, need solution from Honda]

I'm having the same issue with a civic 2008 premium system. stuck on January 1, 2002 and around 5pm. no matter whatever I do, auto or manual, I can't change the time. It's like a contract expired, and no longer getting updates on the time/date.
Old 01-06-2022
Registered!!

re: Clock and date and year reset problem. [cause found, need solution from Honda]

Sounds exactly the same problem except mines on 4pm.
I wondered if it wasn't a computer glitch and one of the computers had went bad.

Hopefully someone will know what's going on.
thanks,
Old 01-07-2022
Registered!!

Rainydays is an unknown quantity at this point

I’m having the exact same problem in both my 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid and my 2007 Honda Odyssey. The civic is stuck on Jan 1 at 1am and the Odyssey is progressing with time of day but is 3 1/2 hours off and won’t let me change it, when I try it reverts to midnight. Both issues occurred at the start of the new year.
Old 01-07-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,450 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

recommend taking to dealer? Seems to be more widespread than initially thought...

2ky all over again...
Old 01-07-2022
Registered!!

I will probably end up living with it until someone actually knows of what the fix is. I would also like to know approximately the cost of the fix before I take it into Honda. Shop hours are too much to just take it to Honda and let them scratch their butts and say we're not sure.
Old 01-07-2022
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Calendars repeat every few years, I thought it was every 7 years but it's more complicated. 2011 is apparently the same as 2022 so try setting it to 2011 and see if it will function.

Old 01-12-2022
Registered!!

LiamsHybrid is an unknown quantity at this point

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid with navigation and XM satellite radio. Vehicle has about 83K miles, is serviced regularly, and is in excellent condition. Nav disk 6.81a in use. The diagnostics for the navigation system reports that all components are normal. There is no damage to the satellite antenna.

*Like other reports here, the clock on my nav system has been unresponsive to automatic or manual adjustment effective January 1, 2022. Since, the clock restarts at 4:00 everytime the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position. There are no combination of buttons, selections, or otherwise that make a difference.
*Have reset the XM satellite radio. No change in the clock's operation.
*Have attempted to reset the nav system. No change in the clock's operation.
*Did all of the VIN and ID number issues. No change in the clock's operation.
*Contacted SiriusXM, did all they asked. Their conclusion was that "it is a honda issue, take it to a dealer."
*Today, disconnected the battery, waited five minutes (hysteresis), reconnected, entered anti-theft codes anew. No change in clock's operation.
*Found a download button in the Nav System, under version, SNAZ-2, downloaded, system seemed to do an update. No change in clock's operation.

This appears to be an issue common to us all. Question is, is it commenserate with the Y2K issue of 2000 in either in car gear or is it a satellite link issue?

Awaiting your saged response and solution.
Old 01-12-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LiamsHybrid

This appears to be an issue common to us all. Question is, is it commenserate with the Y2K issue of 2000 in either in car gear or is it a satellite link issue?
I was joking...
Car was made after y2k
Old 01-12-2022
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Saw an article on this the other day, Honda confirmed it was their issue. Let me search for a link.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/8/22...cks-reset-2002
The following users liked this post:
sdaidoji (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

woah, my joke turned true...
good find, brotatochip
The following users liked this post:
BrotatoChip (01-14-2022)
Old 01-15-2022
Registered!!

reetsc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cleandog
We have owned our 2007 Civic Hybrid since it was new. Today noticed clock was wrong. I have had to reset clock before and had no problem. But this time it will not reset. I have tried and wife has tried just in case I was missing something. It will not go into mode where numbers flash to reset time or am/pm.
Also date and year has defaulted to January 1, 2002. When I set it to Jan. 3 2021 it doesn't hold date reverts to Jan. 1, 2002. This is interesting since it is a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid.
I am confident I am following owners manual directions on resetting the clock, seems as there is another problem.

Thank you,
Joe
I have a 2008 Civic Hybrid and it did the exact same thing. I guess Honda didn't figure we would still have the cars after this many years. At first I could re-set the clock but it wouldn't stick, but now it doesn't even give me that option. I guess I'll have to take it to the dealership.
Old 05-11-2022
Registered!!

TaraLoftis is an unknown quantity at this point

Joe,

I have exactly the same year and make. It does the exact same thing! Did you ever find a resolution?
Thank you,

Tara

Thank you,
Joe
Old 05-11-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by TaraLoftis
Joe,

I have exactly the same year and make. It does the exact same thing! Did you ever find a resolution?
Thank you,

Tara
First, read
if you don't read, you will not find the answer
post #10 in this thread

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
Saw an article on this the other day, Honda confirmed it was their issue. Let me search for a link.

The following 2 users liked this post by sdaidoji:
BrotatoChip (05-12-2022), Colin42 (05-11-2022)
Old 08-17-2022
Registered!!

bfrodo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you,
Joe
Alot of people were in the same boat as you, to include myself. I dug around and found the issue is with the programming and GPS signals, today, 8/17/2022 I started my 2008 honda civic and the time actually changed, I was able to set the time and keep it set even after a shutdown and restart. However, my calender still is not changing, it's so far locked to Jan 1 2002, no matter what I try I cannot get that changed, hopefully someone knows how to do that. But at least the time is accurate now.
Anyone know how to correct the calendar issue? Thanks!

Bob
Old 08-18-2022
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bfrodo
Anyone know how to correct the calendar issue? Thanks!
Your answer is already in this thread....

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by BrotatoChip

The following 2 users liked this post by BrotatoChip:
Colin42 (08-18-2022), sdaidoji (08-18-2022)
Old 08-22-2022
Registered!!

BigRenman is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry re: Clock and date and year reset problem. [cause found, need solution from Honda]

This year,2022, my 2007 Honda Civic w/ Nav started at 2 pm every time I'd start the car - just like others here. When I went to Clock or Setup, I noticed a Done button was grayed out. Couldn't get past it; couldn't set the time. Always 2 pm. Yesterday, for no reason, the clock WAS ON TIME! No idea WHY! But the date was January 2, not August 21, 2022. Have gone into the Nav but can't find a way for the Calendar to lock on August 22, 2022 (today)! Clock works, but the Calendar won't or can't hold today's day!! The Calendar's Done button is grayed out.....

The Solved suggestion here does not work ...

Ah, well ...!!!!
Old 08-22-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

there is no solution, is the result.
changed title to make it clear
Old 09-13-2022
Registered!!

BigEars is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clock and date and year reset problem. [cause found, need solution from Honda]

Originally Posted by BigRenman
This year,2022, my 2007 Honda Civic w/ Nav started at 2 pm every time I'd start the car - just like others here. When I went to Clock or Setup, I noticed a Done button was grayed out. Couldn't get past it; couldn't set the time. Always 2 pm. Yesterday, for no reason, the clock WAS ON TIME! No idea WHY! But the date was January 2, not August 21, 2022. Have gone into the Nav but can't find a way for the Calendar to lock on August 22, 2022 (today)! Clock works, but the Calendar won't or can't hold today's day!! The Calendar's Done button is grayed out.....

The Solved suggestion here does not work ...

Ah, well ...!!!!
Same exact issue on my 2007 Civic Si coupe
Time is now reading correct (since sometime in Aug 2022) but date is not possible to change.
My corrective action was to put phone mount hanging directly in front of the touch screen for this car - hahaha.

Last edited by BigEars; 09-13-2022 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-24-2022
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
comptuertech82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clock and date and year reset problem. [cause found, need solution from Honda]

The time (and day) is showing correctly now, but NOT the month or year. I tried everything, but I can't find a way to change that.