Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help! Wet Floors

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devst8n is an unknown quantity at this point
Help! Wet Floors

Okay so today is one of the first real days of summer so Im out cleaning my car and I look under my floormat and find that the carpet on the drivers side is wet. I was like WTF? I have noticed a smell of mildew coming from the car and its only 6 months old and there isnt any new car smell left. So I pull back the carpet and not only do I find the source of the smell I find literally puddles of water in there! I make sure I clean my mats regularly and I have never had this problem. I was on a long drive with the A/C yesterday and I think that the condensation is leaking down the carpet. Is anyone else noticing this? My carpet is ruined and I dont know how Im going to prove to Honda it wasnt me. Please tell me im not the only one experiencing this! Any ideas? I cant find any holes or sources for the water to be coming in, so what else could it be? The water has not smell (other than mildew) so I know its not coolant or anything else. Any thoughts?
Old 06-16-2003
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like your A/C evaporator drain is clogged, don't try to fix anything and take it back to the dealer ASAP. If you clear the clog then take it in the dealer will say you left your window down. The dealer needs to see the restriction.
Old 06-16-2003
Registered!!

do you think they should have to replace the carpet as well? It smells something fierce and is now all water stained
Old 06-17-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Devst8n
do you think they should have to replace the carpet as well? It smells something fierce and is now all water stained
If its mildewed and smelly demand that they replace it, that is if its your A/C causing the problem. Don't tell them about the carpet until the dealer says that the leak is covered under warrenty. If a bug crawled up the drain plug and died, thats not covered under warrenty, but if the hose came disconected somehow, then let them fix it then start bitching about your carpet. Hope you haven't done any work yourself under the dash, like a stereo, because they can blame it on that.
Old 06-20-2003
Registered!!

Its a miracle...I took it to honda and not only did the service guys actually admit the problem, they also were quick to want to fix it. I took the guy to show him the problem and he was like yep...its leaking. He said he has a shop that will check to find the leak, as he said some 7th gens are leaking the front windsheild and down the firewall. I looked at him and said "I want the carpet replaced as well." He looked at me for a second as if to challenge me but he just said okay...he grabbed the carpet code and ordered it to for next week. This is the first and only time so far the dealer has jerked me around. Hopefully he fixed the tranny while its in as well!
Old 06-21-2003
Registered!!

ptechricer is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same problem, I took it up to the dealership and they replaced my a/c compresor. But it still leakes, at first I thoght it was the wreck I had. I figured that it messed up he floor board. Now I will take it back up there and make them fix it. thanks
Old 06-24-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by ptechricer
I have the same problem, I took it up to the dealership and they replaced my a/c compresor. But it still leakes, at first I thoght it was the wreck I had. I figured that it messed up he floor board. Now I will take it back up there and make them fix it. thanks
The A/C compressor?? Thats under the hood and has no fluid in it except for a couple oz. of oil, that not going to cause a water leak. The only thing a A/C system can do to cause water inside the car is if the evaporator condensation isn't draining properly. There's no water in a A/C system, so if the dealer replaced the compressor they're jerkin you around or you didn't understand them.