Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

my 2003 civic

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03CIVICEX is an unknown quantity at this point
my 2003 civic

couple weeks ago i got in an accident.. my car skidded to a curb during rain and my right side axle is messed up.. they fixed everything but they said they cant find somthing called "spindle" or "knockle" some kind of baring or sumthing.. we tried junk yard but they said 2003 is differnt so 01-02 wont work...i called every honda dealer and they dont have it... i think my parents are sueing honda for not having parts for my car and the repair shop is gann call japan for the part... any one know where i can find it for 2003 civic

thanks alot
Old 03-14-2003
Registered!!

branden is an unknown quantity at this point
i don't know what's different between the parts of a '03 and '01 - '02 models.
if i were u, i just totalled the car so it'll be replaced by a new one if u got insurance
Old 03-14-2003
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
he has no say in the matter of how the insurance company makes their decision, so how can he just total the car to get it replaced??

Old 03-14-2003
Registered!!

txtadik is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: FALKEN
he has no say in the matter of how the insurance company makes their decision, so how can he just total the car to get it replaced??[hr]
and he might get hurt in the process... totalled cars = higher insurance premiums for all of us
Old 03-14-2003
Registered!!

Cisco88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm......sounds a little fishy!!!!!

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-17-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Re: my 2003 civic

Originally posted by 03CIVICEX
couple weeks ago i got in an accident.. my car skidded to a curb during rain and my right side axle is messed up.. they fixed everything but they said they cant find somthing called "spindle" or "knockle" some kind of baring or sumthing.. we tried junk yard but they said 2003 is differnt so 01-02 wont work...i called every honda dealer and they dont have it... i think my parents are sueing honda for not having parts for my car and the repair shop is gann call japan for the part... any one know where i can find it for 2003 civic

thanks alot

Theyre referring to the spindle and steering knuckle. Its the part that the wheel and front rotor connect to and the knuckle is the part that the steering tie-rod bolts to.

I thought that theyre th same except that the upper strut bearing is different. I recall some guy with an '03 having to replace them with '02 parts in order to get his lowering springs installed. Sumptin like 35 bucks each side for parts. Sorry this probably doenst help much unless you plan on lowering your car now.
Old 03-17-2003
Smell My Face!!

Distinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant future
they have to have the part 2003 has been out for about 6 months now
thats wierd they dont have it....keep calling around.
later n8