Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

scratching and knocking soun gd when i left the garage.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AR will become famous soon enough
scratching and knocking soun gd when i left the garage.

ok sunday i was washing my car and i didnt take it out sunday night. i washed the salt out from the wheel wells in all four wheels. monday night i took the car out and i hear this small knocking noise from the front wheels. i know this is from washing the wells out but what exactly is causeing it? i have heard other such noises at small scratching and so on but not for this long. for about 2 blocks, whenever i hit the breaks i would her this knocking noise along with some scratching. the rest of the night it was quiet and the breaks felt ok. can someone please explain what went wrong? i hosed down the wheels well svery good, so the salt would flush out. did i take some grease off of something? i dont know, but the car works fine now so i am not too concerned. although like i said, its happened everytimes i wash the wells but this time it just got worse. thanks for the help.

oh btw, i have stock steelies.