Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Squeeking noise coming from THE transmission.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Squeeking noise coming from THE transmission.

My brother complained to me that today whenever he pressed in the clutch there would be a squeeking sound (very much like the sound you hear when you lay down on a spring mattress) coming from the transmission. Not from anywhere inside the car but from the transmission itself. Any ideas of what this could be? If it still happens tomorow I figure he should give the dealership a call.
Old 01-20-2003
Registered!!

Toretto is an unknown quantity at this point
my **** does it too, i tried spraying wd40 on the lever
that connects to the pedal but didnt really werk.
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
There's a TSB on the squeeky clutch pedal.. it goes one to say sumptin like you have to get a fitting re-greased to fix it. Not sure if this is your problem though.

Old 01-21-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
If you can pin it down to the transmission area (front RIGHT) then it's probably the bushing and bearing that moves the fork that goes into the clutch. That's what was wrong with mine and it took the dealer 4 times to find. It's a matter of repacking the bearings and greasing the bushings that are between the slave cylinder and the clutch itself. Takes about an hour to fix if that's what it is. Tell them to re-pack it with grease that can withstand colder temperatures (even if you don't need it). Get them packed with the stuff they use in the Odyssey sliding door bearings.... that's what mine are packed with and it's working much better, with no noise at all.
Old 01-22-2003
Registered!!

TonnyHegger is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same noise and I took my car to service and they change the clutch pump. This didn't fix the noise but I took my car again today for the same noise and they put some lubricant from the inside of the car. Maybe they put lubricant in the clutch pedal and it stopped doing the noise.