Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

side airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ucsbcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
side airbag light

I drive a 2001 civic ex coupe with side airbags. The side airbag light is supposed to come on the dash when someone is leaning on the passenger side door because it means that the airbag has been automatically turned off. Just recently though, the side airbag light started to stay on at all times when there's nobody sitting in the passenger seat. It only turns off when you lean back in the passenger seat. I would take it in to see whats wrong, but my warranty just ran out, so i wanted to see if maybe anyone else had this problem and knows the solution. thanks to anyone who can help out.
Old 10-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
incaexguy is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had this happen to me sometimes too. It doesnt happen all the time but every now and then it will do exactly what you said. I would have it checked out, they might still cover it if something is wrong because it is a safety issue, I know that all of the seatbelts are covered for the life of the car no matter what, maybe you can get them to take care of it for you. Maybe try a search and you might come up with some answers about getting it fixed. Good luck.