Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Oil Nut Washer...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
Oil Nut Washer...

I just realized that ever since my first oil change i didn't notic a friggin washer... i dun think my car had a washer in the first place or i would've realized taht i needed to replace the washer once i see it... this might be the answer to the mysterious oil spot in my garage...
Old 10-11-2002
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
You can buy them for 19¢ at H and A .com, when you did your first oil change the washer probably fell off into the oil drain pan when you pulled the plug out, it happened to me also.
Old 10-11-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I just got off the phone (as in 5 minutes ago) with the Honda dealer. You can also use the rubber washers that every other car uses. And those are reusable. The guy at the dealer says that it will work the same as the aluminum crush washer.

EDIT... I just changed mine. The washer is re-usable, it's just a plain old aluminium washer. Just make sure you get one, and as long as you don't lose it youi should be good. I got lucky, mine stuck to the drain plug, but I bought an extra one just incase I lost it.
Old 10-12-2002
Registered!!

1955 is an unknown quantity at this point
i will be dog gone,there is a washer alright,sometime it stuck on the metal after the drain plug is out when u tried to avoid the hot /warm oil,u can use the paper from a box of milk to make a washer or gasket of anykind.i found my washer at the bottom of the used oil and i am savin it for the next oil change