Drive thru Puddle = Smoke - Honda Civic Forum

Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2002   #1
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
Drive thru Puddle = Smoke

As I entered the bank, I went through a puddle of water that was about 2-3 inches deep, due to the massive amt of rain we've had recently. I went through at maybe about 15mph and water splashed as it should. My windows were rolled down and I hear this "tsssssssssssssssss...." sound and I see smoke come from my driver side wheel area. What do you think it could have been? My car is stock Enginewise, but I have it lowered w/ 17" rims. Nothing is wrong with my car, well at least it didn't seem like anything yet. What do you guys suppose it was? I think maybe it was the heat of my rotors when water hit it? ....
sKwiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002   #2
Tomotor

xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
im guessing your brakes were hot and when the water hit the brakes, its just steamed.. i duno, my logical $0.02
xHoteKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002   #3
I Queef > You

I popped the hood and there was water all over the bottom of some of the engine components, but I was in the water for less than a second, so I dont think anything burned. It was just a wierd situation so I just wanted to find out. I think it was my breaks maybe to.... Thanx Hotek..
Old 10-10-2002   #4
Registered!!

2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
That happens to me all the time...I actually look for puddles to do it in too...its a combo of the brakes being hot as well as water splashing on ur VERY hot engine components & exhaust pipes...no biggie...

2Hottie
2Hottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002   #5
Registered!!

1955 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah no biggie alright,the guy may have his engine block cracked without knowing it,check for any leaks and repair it asap.
1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002   #6
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
[hr]Originally posted by: 1955
yeah no biggie alright,the guy may have his engine block cracked without knowing it,check for any leaks and repair it asap.[hr]
Driving through a mud puddle is not going to crack a engine block, think about it, you can run cold water through a engine while its hot and it won't crack, Inboard Motors on boats do it all the time.
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002   #7
I Queef > You

It wasn't mud, but it was water... And crack?? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] I hope not...
Old 10-11-2002   #8
Registered!!

Quote:
[hr]Originally posted by: SVongkasem
It wasn't mud, but it was water... And crack?? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] I hope not...[hr]
Believe me on this one, you will NOT crack a engine block from running through standing water, it would have to so hot for it to crack that the engine would probably seize up before then.

Old 10-11-2002   #9
Registered!!

1955 is an unknown quantity at this point
oh is that right solar...inboard boat motor didnt start off with a pipin hot motor b4 it gets in the water either cus if it did,,, u know that block may get hairline crack that u cant see,hope my friend svong didnt have any problem,it was smoke he said comin from the wheel,lets hope the brake line didnt crack cus i know japanese car r cheap on using rubber/plastic parts.
1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002   #10
Registered!!

Quote:
[hr]Originally posted by: 1955
oh is that right solar...inboard boat motor didnt start off with a pipin hot motor b4 it gets in the water either cus if it did,,, u know that block may get hairline crack that u cant see,hope my friend svong didnt have any problem,it was smoke he said comin from the wheel,lets hope the brake line didnt crack cus i know japanese car r cheap on using rubber/plastic parts.[hr]
A motor block is not going to crack with water pouring on it, the boat therory still holds true also. Of course I'm replying to the guy that said that the "W" on the oil bottle stands for weight.
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-12-2002   #11
Registered!!

SleeperCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Think about this... Wouldn't it be just rediculous if it was possible to crack an engine block while driving through a puddle? People would be swerving all around puddles, you couldn't drive in the rain... etc. This is one of the funniest posts around!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
SleeperCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002   #12
I Queef > You

Hmm, for some reason I'm confused and I feel bad for bringing up the subject and have people hate eachother...