Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

clicking noise at passenger front tire...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ilv4nos is an unknown quantity at this point
clicking noise at passenger front tire...

hello, i have searched this already can't find anything realated....everytime i accel whether it be from a dead stop or just accellorating...everytime i hit the gas i hear a clicking noise from my front right tire...keep in mind i do have weapon r coilovers and koni adjustables...i have read somewhere that it might be the brake caliper or something like that...it happens everytime now when i hit the gas and when i let off the gas any help would be great...thx

My Civic
Old 09-17-2002
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
It could be a range of things, such as: CV Joint, Calipers, Struts, Bearings, etc. you need to take it to a shop or dealer and show them, because right now its just a guess.
Old 09-17-2002
Registered!!

mogwai will become famous soon enough
I get a clicking noise from (around) my passenger front tire as well, but only when I'm slowing down or coming to a complete stop. It happens from the 15 to 0 mph range. It's a bone stock 2002 EX, though... no mods yet. I'm gonna take mine in to the dealer soon.
Old 09-17-2002
Registered!!

ilv4nos is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah at high speeds mine doesnt do it either just from like 0-50......anyone else with advice on things i could check...the dealership won't look at my sh$t because its not stock...the suspension is completely custom up front...and it sits to low to jack up (i use 2x4's and scissor jacks)...trust me they said they wouldn't change my oil cause of how low it sits and its already raised as much as it can go now with the coilovers....
Old 09-18-2002
Registered!!

hobbes is an unknown quantity at this point
I heard a really fast clicking noise a while ago... was apparent whenever I was in drive... anything higher than 15mph and the engine would drown out the noise... When ever I started from a dead stop, it was the most noticable. I ended up taking it to the Honda dealership... took a service manager out for a drive... took him about ten minutes to hear it... then I dropped it off and after they had looked at it for a couple hours, they finally found out that it was my viper alarm siren... the nut had loosened and the plastic horn was rubbing/vibrating against the power steering hose[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]... it's weird because I would of never thought that plastic on rubber could make a sound like that...
The clicking sound could be almost anything.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-18-2002
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
i had a f'ucking clicking noise for about a week...it thought it was just a rock but i couldn't find one...after one week of daily tire inspections, i finally find the crap causing the noise....

a screw had punctured a tire....

f'uckit...i had only 500km on that tire too...
Old 09-19-2002
Registered!!

XoULaBeAT is an unknown quantity at this point
me too! i had the same clicking noise problem as well but i got it fixed now. i found out when i was doing my oil change about like i dunno.. several months ago and the guy who was doing the oil change for me noticed a fat nail on my tires. and yeah in a way this might not even make sense but after the removal and replacing it with a new tire..

clicking noise was gone. and that's right. clicking noises from the passenger seat. it no longer clicked.

just in case, check ur passenger tires. hope this is somewhat helping u guys.

if not, my bad.
Old 06-04-2003
Registered!!

scdiddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

I think I was experiencing the same problem. When excellerating from a stop or at low speeds I could hear a single click at each wheel seperately. Then, when leaving off the gas or down shifting I could hear it click back.

I've had my Civic back from the dealer for about a week now, with ~200mi. on it and no clicking! They told me they called the Honda tech line for help on this problem and ended up retorquing the axles. Previously they placed some bushings around the lugnuts to eliminate the hubcaps from twisting back and forth, this eliminated the clicking for ~100mi.

Good Luck with your noise and I hope this info helps.

P.S. My Civic is a bone stock 2k1 ex 5 speed sedan.