Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Did I Hydrolock?? Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gshockbreaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Did I Hydrolock?? Help!!

I have a 2001 Civic EX Coupe with Injen CAI and its lowered with Eibach Sportlines. I was driving through a puddle no higher than 8 inches really slow and my engine just quit. I wasn't even driving in the puddle real long. The good thing is that my engine restarted, but real rough, and I just parked it.
Old 09-13-2002
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like you got some eletrical wet and it shorted out. If you Hydrolocked, and by that you mean sucked water though the tail pipe, it probably wouldn't have restarted. The only way to get water up the tail pipe is if you let off the gas, because it draws like a vacuum. Let the car sit and dry out and see how it runs then. If it runs rough, then check that all the coils and wires running to it are dry, then check the plugs because they might have fowled out. I dought though that your going to have that problem if it restarted.
Old 09-13-2002
Registered!!

SleeperCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I think he means hydrolock from his intake, but if it restarted then I think you'll be ok, just let it sit like was said.
Old 09-13-2002
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
dude thats why the bypass valve was made... let me tell you.. my boy with his GT-S celica now is a lawn decoration because his INJEN cold air intake sucked water up in thier... it stopd the motor.. then it started right back up... A Week later the ENGINE seized UP ... Water had gotten inside and then worked its way through the whole thing... slowly destroyin the engine... it then THROUGH A ROD ... END OF STORY....
MORAL? GET THE FU%$ING BYPASS VALVE unless u got a K20 in the garage waiting to install.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]