Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

01 Ex coupe, finally gone a best forgetten

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opticalvetc is an unknown quantity at this point
01 Ex coupe, finally gone a best forgetten

Ever since i bought my 01 civic EX coupe last august. i've have nothing but problems with it. 1st it was the A/C not blowing cold enough, then all the turn signals on the right side would burn out at the same time, all three. honda could not find the problem so they just kept replacing them. (what would i do when that warranty runs out). then the brakes starting pulsing at 11,000km, then the clunking noise started. struts were replaced but then noise still came back.
so finally last thursday i traded my civic in on a 2000 prelude with only a few k's o it. WOW is it ever nice, its such an upgrade from the civic, ice cold A/C no suspension noise, and no pulsating brakes. the car was built in japan maybe that says a lot for things, i dont know. so my question is if they can built the prelude that well, why cant they build the civic the same, or did they just cheap out on the 7th gen.

one thing i do notice is the difference in gas. i thought my civic used gas, but its nothing compared to what the prelude uses. man its a pig. so for all you guys who think the mileage sucks on your civic, trust me you haven't driven a prelude.

anyway write back and let me know what you think. if i made a good or shity choice

peace
Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
How much did you get on your trade-in, and how much was the prelude?

Prelude is not a car I would get personally (I need a car with good gas mileage), but I guess it's a good trade if you got rid of your problems, and now have a car you like.

Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

lemoncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
WAY TO GO Optical. Good luck with the Prelude. They are known for being excellent cars. From what I remember they share a lot with the INTEGRA. You were unhappy and you took action, good for you - you can't be accused of being a whiner. There are a lot of people who have been lucky enough to not have experienced these problems, and then there a also a lot of us who know exactly what you've went through. I hope you didn't lose any money in the transition, that would suck.

It scares me that I have basically had the same problems as you and the same time, plus a few others and I still can't afford to get out just yet. I hope to soon. You'e problems were shared by others (See posts by: Speedy, Bluebirdz22, nycivic, 2cute, Firefly).

Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
glad I have an 02, because I've yet to experience any of the problems mentioned on this site. the first sign something like this happens, though, I'm trading for a RSX or maybe a 6th gen.
Old 07-22-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]You were unhappy and you took action, good for you - you can't be accused of being a whiner. [hr]
Yeah, unlike some other people here, right lemon?
Old 07-22-2002
Registered!!

lemoncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Yeah, unlike some other people here, right lemon? [hr]
GUILTY AS CHARGED

Didn't I set that up nicely for you RONIN? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]