Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Has anyone else had fuel meter issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2021
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone else had fuel meter issues?

A few years ago, my fuel level start dropping. I was waiting at a light, and I swear I watched the need go lower. I was like, wtf. I need gas now!

I didn't really think much of it. Gas mileage didn't seem weird or anything. A year or so later, my roommate, whom I let borrow my car, asked me "does your car go through gas quickly?" It was at medium, and then I drove it a bit and now it's on E. I didn't see anything when the tank was full, but it seems to drop QUICKLY after it got to middle. I've sold the car now, I'm just wondering if this was a problem.
Old 01-13-2021
Click Here

Received 1,155 Likes on 902 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Has anyone else had fuel meter issues?

That’s normal. Fuel gauges are almost never a linear drop.
Old 01-13-2021
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,202 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Chez,

don't worry, see Ironfist join date
He is just sharing things he remembers about the 7th gen
Old 01-13-2021
Click Here

Received 1,155 Likes on 902 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Ouch, my bad. I’m on mobile right now so I can’t see any of that stuff
Old 01-13-2021
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chezboat24
That’s normal. Fuel gauges are almost never a linear drop.
It never happened until I had had the car for a long time, though.

Last edited by IronFist; 01-13-2021 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-14-2021
Super Moderator

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,311 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Could have just been a faulty fuel level sensor. Or maybe the fuel gauge needle was sticking. Who knows at this point.