Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

timing belt / lca bushings

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dcphotoco is an unknown quantity at this point
timing belt / lca bushings

hey all. so i my daily got wrecked, needed to buy another car quick so i picked up my first civic last week. i recently had the airbag recall done, but the dealership said my timing belt and lower control arm bushings need to be replaced asap. my question is, even though it only says the bushings, should i also do the ball joints? i dont have time to order but the nearest NAPA has what i need, are there any brands i need to look out for? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-15-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: timing belt / lca bushings

Should only use OEM parts for the timing belt and associated components
Old 10-15-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
Should only use OEM parts for the timing belt and associated components
is there a dif between the lca bushings and compliance bushings? i got two different part numbers and they both say lca bushing.

51391S5A801

51392S5A801

Old 10-15-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dcphotoco

is there a dif between the lca bushings and compliance bushings? i got two different part numbers and they both say lca bushing.

51391S5A801

51392S5A801

There are two different bushings in each lower control arm. The compliance bushing is the one that normally fails first.
Are they actually bad?

Is either ball joint bad?
Old 10-15-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
There are two different bushings in each lower control arm. The compliance bushing is the one that normally fails first.
Are they actually bad?

Is either ball joint bad?
dealership claims my compliance bushings are shot. i bought lca bushings tonight and i’m gonna buy compliance bushings tomorrow, might as well replace them too. i’m going to wait on the belt, they didnt say it was bad just that it’s usually replaced by now. i dont think they really looked at it though
Old 10-15-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Are they actually bad?

Old 10-15-2018

Originally Posted by dcphotoco

dealership claims my compliance bushings are shot. i bought lca bushings tonight and i’m gonna buy compliance bushings tomorrow, might as well replace them too. i’m going to wait on the belt, they didnt say it was bad just that it’s usually replaced by now. i dont think they really looked at it though
See pic above, that's a bad compliance bushing.

Nobody is going to strip the covers off to look at your timing belt. If you have no clue about its last service, it's due.
Old 10-15-2018
Registered!!

See pic above, that's a bad compliance bushing.

Nobody is going to strip the covers off to look at your timing belt. If you have no clue about its last service, it's due.
i wasnt going to wait long. i’m relocating from VA back to CA in about a month and i’ll be shipping the car. was going to wait until i get back to cali to replace it. i just wanted the bushings straight because i drive to work everyday