Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Need Help Fixing A 04 Honda Civic Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hollow Gram is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help Fixing A 04 Honda Civic Transmission

I NEED HELP

I BOUGHT A 04 HONDA CIVIC EX WITH 97k MILES AND THE ENGINE BLEW A ROD THROUGH THE OILPAN

DO YOU THINK THE TRANNY DONE TOO ? ALL THE OIL LEAKED OUT WHEN IT BLEW AND OFCOURSE IT WONT START

I PLAN ON BUYING AN JDM D17 AND SWAPPING TO FIX BUT IF I DO HAVE TO FIX TRANSMISSION AS WELL?
IS IT POSSIBLE TO REBUILD EASILY MYSELF OR WHATS THE BEST OPTION LOOKING FOR CHEAPIEST

IF I DO HAVE TO REPLACE WHERE CANI GET A MANUAL 04 TRANSMISSION CANT FIND ANY ONLINE AT ALL?

PLEASE HELP I PLAN ON BUYING A HANES AND GETTING A KNOWLEDGEABLE FRIEND AND DOING IT OURSELVES ANY LIGHT WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED OR HELP OR ADVICE
Old 03-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Need Help Fixing A 04 Honda Civic Transmission

Engine and transmission have their own oil systems so your tranmisssion won’t be any worse.
Old 03-04-2018
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need Help Fixing A 04 Honda Civic Transmission

The transmission should be fine.

If you can

-jack it up
-put it in first
-rotate the wheels by hand
-repeat for each gear.
-if every gear rotates and there are no odd sounds, then you should be fine.

-make sure that the crank can rotate by pulling the oil pan so the brocken rod doesn't bind somehow.

- If there is a transmission problem, pull the transmission and get it rebuilt; that will save money and insure your transmission is new.