Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chopperchief53e is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry engine problems

Background Story: i got my oil replaced on my manual tranny 2005 honda civic ex. 1.7 L SOHC at pep boys on 1/28/2018. 2/14/2018 oil light came on and then my engine just stopped. coasted into a gas station and saw i was out of oil. put oil back into it and then put it on a lift. found that my oil filter was extremely loose. it took like 8 full turns for it to come off. the mechs at the shop i was using said they heard the engine knocking and then said the oil in the filter was shiny meaning the engine was eating itself. i after letting it run full of oil and with the oil filter tighten knocking went away. didnt drive on it till today 2/17/2018 driving home from work engine shuts off. cant turn it over. oil was pretty much gone and i refilled it and tried to start. still wont turn over . had to get towed home.

Question: should i get a new engine or a new car? body is great. car is fine. engine is trashed. i need a cheap option. cant really afford a new..used car. where should i get a used low mileage engine?

-UBERING EVERYWHERE in SAN DIEGO
Old 02-18-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: engine problems

take it back to the shop that screwed up - you should have done it the first time, actually.
Old 02-18-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

^That would be the shop that originally did the oil change and left the filter loose, not the shop that discovered the filter was loose.

You will want the documentation from the shop that discovered the filter was loose, when you go to confront the shop that did the oil change.
Old 02-18-2018
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
^That would be the shop that originally did the oil change and left the filter loose, not the shop that discovered the filter was loose.

You will want the documentation from the shop that discovered the filter was loose, when you go to confront the shop that did the oil change.

I couldn't of Said it Better Myself ezone