Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Problems, Problems and MORE PROBLEMS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dvd2000G is an unknown quantity at this point
Problems, Problems and MORE PROBLEMS!!!!

Here's my story......I've had a 01 civic since April with 13K mi on it...Now its up to 30k mi and I've had so many problems with it. First I had that squeak in the left front suspension that everyone was talking about...I got the whole front end suspension replaced and now now everything is fine. A few days later Im driving 65+ mph on the highway and the whole car is shaking...I brought it in to honda and they did a wheel alignment (something they should have done when they fixed my suspension) and tire balance/rotation....the shaking stopped. Last week i start hearing a squeak in my rear suspension....prolly gonna get that replaced too...i have an appointment 2morrow. NOW (does it ever end?) a few days ago i started hearing and feeling the rattling in the steering wheel and WHOLE CAR (Feels like the car is literally falling apart!!). When ever Its idle, in park or in drive it starts making that weird shaking, rumbling noise...It also feels like i loose power in the car when accelerating ... I started thinking that it was the tranny goin and after reading everyone's posts im almost certain it is now. I know alot of people have or have had this problem...now since this is my first car i bought from a dealer (paid in full) I not sure what i can do or what my options are? Should I have them fix it which most likely they will do, cuz im under my warranty still, but i've heard that when you get a transmission replaced the car doesnt drive the same anymore (that it will not feel the same as it did when i drove off the lot - it will still have a slight rumbling noise/vibration) is that right? How was your car after you got tranny replaced? My option i was hpoing for and i dont even know if it is one is if i can have my car replaced (or am stuck with this car). Ever since 2 months after i've had my car all these problems are surfacing and its really annoying and Im happy that is all happing b4 36k mi but if its happening now its just gonna continue after my warranty too = $$$$$$$. It just seems like im in the shop every 2 weeks..Grrrr!!!! Please post your experience with dealer and any advice for me when i go there. It will greatly be appreciated. THANX

- Dave

P.S. Did i mention my brakes make a grinding noise too....not surprised....what else can go wrong?
Old 11-04-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
[hr] i've heard that when you
get a transmission replaced the car doesnt drive the same anymore (that it will not feel the same as it did when i drove off the lot - it will still have a slight
rumbling noise/vibration) is that right? How was your car after you got tranny replaced? My option i was hpoing for and i dont even know if it is one is if i
can have my car replaced (or am stuck with this car). [hr]
Something sounds strange... These don't sound like the normal rattles that people are complaining about. I know some people have had some trouble with busted shocks, but not all to many.
As for the tranny replacement question, I've never had one replaced, but all the linkages were rebuilt in my bro's car (93 Maxima, 4 speed auto, redone at 106K) and the thing ran like brand new once they got it right (took 3 tries to get the 2-3 linkage to work right) but once it did, it was much better. As far as it being a lemon, you're gonna have to check the laws for the state you live in. Some places it will be all inclusive (your car is falling apart), others it will be more specific (one thing keeps breaking many times). I also don't know what happens cuz it looks like you bought it used, but it's still under warranty. That part I'm not sure about. As far as advice for the dealer, just keep beating them to fix the car. They've gotta fix it and can't give you any shi.t if its really broken. Good luck...
Old 11-04-2002
Registered!!

djaaronk is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey...I got the same problems. My car actually feels as if it doesn't even have a suspension. Every tiny bump or crack in the road sends a jolt right through the passenger compartment and makes everything move and make noise. I have been to two different dealers and they both say that my car is fine and that there is nothing wrong. One said that "your car is made of plastic inside" and the other had the nerve to tell me that my car " has a European suspension" a bunch of bull as you know. I have called the corporate # and can't even get them to call me back. I am up against a wall and have no idea what to do anymore. Just wanted you to know that you aren't the only one...maybe everyone with the same problems can get together and actually get something done about them.
Old 11-04-2002
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
Sounds like the driver before you was hard on the car. I know, since I am hard on my car.

I had the transmition replaced since I burned up the synchros shifting gears too fast. (Honda knows this is a problem)

And, the rattling noise you are hearing is most likely the front motor mount being broken. I broke my front motor mount and it did sound like crap.

I had the dealership fix both problems even with all my mods.

Never had a problem with springs since I changed them right away to the correct ones for our cars. H&R Springs. They are the only ones that don't squuek or nock like coilovers,