Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Air Fuel Sensor shinanigans

Old 01-31-2018
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough
Air Fuel Sensor shinanigans

So last June I replaced my head gasket on my 04 EX and in the process contaminated, or at least I thought I did, my a/f sensor with oil or coolant.
It gave me intermittent P0134.

I ordered the sensor but never got around to installing it until recently(a proper denso and proper part #). The new sensor didn't work, gave me the same code and I could not return it because it was long since I had ordered it. So now I ordered another using the Honda part number, put it on and = no work. So I slapped on the old one that "failed" so I can send the other one back and it has worked ever since
So far I've run the car 600 miles and no lights or pending codes... What Gives??
Old 01-31-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,121 Likes on 936 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Air Fuel Sensor shinanigans

Witchcraft? :P

Maybe one of the pins was getting intermittent contact?

I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago, looked up the part on the denso website and ordered off amazon ($160+tax) Honda wanted over $300.
Old 02-08-2018
Registered!!

GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough

So the sensor is still bad it just took longer to malfunction. Now its intermittent with the engine light going on and off every other drive. Already ordered replacement from amazon
Old 02-08-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

No sure I follow your logic.

rehash of what I think you have told us.

Your getting random O2 sensor codes, you still get same code off of three different sensors, code went away for long time after unplugging and plugging back in.

And your still thinking it’s a bad sensor first?

First I would use good dose of electrical contact cleaner nowadays called MAF cleaner on the O2 plug.

Still getting random code I would then visit the junkyard and cut off as much of the O2 harness as I felt was reasonable and solder in that plug vs my current.

At least while your putting in that 4th O2 sensor consider giving that connector a good blast of cleaner.
Old 02-08-2018
Registered!!

Its a long story lol.

But Im sure its the sensor. It worked fine before with no intermittent failure until my genius self forgot to disconnect it while I did the head gasket. The other sensors that didn't work were fleabay and maybe fakes, even tho they were the right part number or so they say. I have learned my lesson trying to save a few bucks, but at least they gave my money back. From now on only reputable places for parts that need to be high quality.