Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

O2 sensor/ map sensor/ fuel metering system

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan_si_ej8 is an unknown quantity at this point
O2 sensor/ map sensor/ fuel metering system

So I swapped in a b20v(converted to obd1) into my 99 ej8 and everything was going good untill someone stole my chipped and tuned ecu... ecu was a po6, now I went out and bought another po6 that came out of a different b20v... now my problem is that I know have a check engine light and it's throwing out 3 codes.. code 2-secondary o2 sensor, code 45 fuel metering system and code 5 map sensor.

I believe the o2 sensor code is because the chip inside the new ecu was some sort of obd2 b20v/b16 base map so it's now looking for the 02 sensor which my car has but I think ita done.
My old po6 was full obd1 so no o2 sensor..

Now i can't figure out why the new code 45 and 5 are from? Is it because this ecu was tuned for a completely different car/set up so now my fuel/air ratio is way off and im
runmimg rich?
Also the car is now running rough at idle, bounces from 5000-1000 rpm and when I drive it for a bit and come to a stop idle just drops to like 100-200 ish
also at first start black soot comes out exhaust

Any any help would be appreciated

thanks
Old 07-04-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: O2 sensor/ map sensor/ fuel metering system

The ECM is not set up for your engine. You're gonna have all sorts of issues until that's tuned to match your engine setup.