Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Headlight assembly replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reazmohiuddin is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlight assembly replacement

Hi,

I am looking to replace the headlight assemblies for my 2003 Honda Civic EX 4D Sedan. I am in US. I cannot afford to buy original Honda headlight assemblies due to their high price. What is a more economical option? Both of the headlight assemblies are leaking water into them so I have to replace them. If anyone knows about any aftermarket part that would fit nearly as good as the original part and would come at a lower price, please help me with the link. Thank you.

reazmohiuddin
Old 05-16-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Headlight assembly replacement

Check amazon?
Know anyone who works in a bodyshop? They usually have sources for decent aftermarket replacement parts.

In the meantime......you could drill a hole in the bottom of each housing to let the water OUT
Old 05-17-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Amazon. Known good quality is TYC brand. I have had good luck with my "eagle eye" branded units in my wifes ford. They have been on the car for 1.5 years and are still very clear.

Stay away from all projector style replacement units. They are generally low quality with poor beam patterns and inferior UV protection on the lenses.
Old 05-17-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm rocking some OEM-spec replacements from k2motor.com (bought on ebay). Granted, I bought them to retrofit HIDs into, but quality-wise, they're great. Click the "her baby blues" link in my sig if you wanna see 'em. Been rocking 'em since february with no issues; they've seen rain, high wind, dust storms, heat (natural heat and 180F concentrated oven heat), relative cold (mid 30s) without any fogging, leaking, or other damage to the front lenses.
Old 05-21-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,199 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

or hit car-part.com.

got a rear bumper recently in one of the scrap yards listed there.
Old 05-24-2017
Registered!!

04 blue civic is an unknown quantity at this point

You said leaking water. Did you make sure the headlamp bulbs are properly installed? Seen many time people install own headlight and either not installed correctly or the rubber seal is pushed out not sealing. Just a thought.
Old 05-26-2017
Grey hair

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CharlieDee is an unknown quantity at this point

I just put a set on my 01 coupe, Eagle Eye brand off Amazon. $80 bucks for the pair and they look and fit nice.
Old 06-04-2017
Zed
Registered!!

Zed is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm rocking those in the below link for a couple years now. Quality and fit is to OEM spec.

Amazon Amazon