Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum)
-   -   Headlight assembly replacement (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/370159-headlight-assembly-replacement.html)

reazmohiuddin 05-16-2017 08:04 PM

Headlight assembly replacement

Hi,

I am looking to replace the headlight assemblies for my 2003 Honda Civic EX 4D Sedan. I am in US. I cannot afford to buy original Honda headlight assemblies due to their high price. What is a more economical option? Both of the headlight assemblies are leaking water into them so I have to replace them. If anyone knows about any aftermarket part that would fit nearly as good as the original part and would come at a lower price, please help me with the link. Thank you.

reazmohiuddin

ezone 05-16-2017 09:18 PM

Re: Headlight assembly replacement

Check amazon?
Know anyone who works in a bodyshop? They usually have sources for decent aftermarket replacement parts.

In the meantime......you could drill a hole in the bottom of each housing to let the water OUT

mcnoople 05-17-2017 08:41 AM

Amazon. Known good quality is TYC brand. I have had good luck with my "eagle eye" branded units in my wifes ford. They have been on the car for 1.5 years and are still very clear.

Stay away from all projector style replacement units. They are generally low quality with poor beam patterns and inferior UV protection on the lenses.

xRiCeBoYx 05-17-2017 02:04 PM

I'm rocking some OEM-spec replacements from k2motor.com (bought on ebay). Granted, I bought them to retrofit HIDs into, but quality-wise, they're great. Click the "her baby blues" link in my sig if you wanna see 'em. Been rocking 'em since february with no issues; they've seen rain, high wind, dust storms, heat (natural heat and 180F concentrated oven heat), relative cold (mid 30s) without any fogging, leaking, or other damage to the front lenses.

sdaidoji 05-21-2017 07:38 AM

or hit car-part.com.

got a rear bumper recently in one of the scrap yards listed there.

04 blue civic 05-24-2017 07:24 PM

You said leaking water. Did you make sure the headlamp bulbs are properly installed? Seen many time people install own headlight and either not installed correctly or the rubber seal is pushed out not sealing. Just a thought.

CharlieDee 05-26-2017 08:44 PM

I just put a set on my 01 coupe, Eagle Eye brand off Amazon. $80 bucks for the pair and they look and fit nice.

Zed 06-04-2017 10:03 AM

I'm rocking those in the below link for a couple years now. Quality and fit is to OEM spec.