Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2005 Honda Civic - Battery losing charge

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigkev is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 Honda Civic - Battery losing charge

Have had 2005 Civic from new (now has 110,000) other than normal servicing has been a cracking car - until recently !

12 months ago I put new battery onto car.

A few weeks ago I went out in the morning to find it wouldn't start - battery flat. Thinking interior light had been left on, I jump started the car and it started, went for a run to recharge and everything fine for the next few days then suddenly one morning battery flat once again. Repeated jump start process and again fine for a few days.

Searched this forum for suggestions as others appear to have similar problem.

Checked all the normal problems for battery leak and finally concluded that the problem lies with AC pump. Isolated the pump (as car only a run - around) and resolved the problem.
Old 04-19-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2005 Honda Civic - Battery losing charge

Originally Posted by bigkev
Have had 2005 Civic from new (now has 110,000) other than normal servicing has been a cracking car - until recently !

12 months ago I put new battery onto car.

A few weeks ago I went out in the morning to find it wouldn't start - battery flat. Thinking interior light had been left on, I jump started the car and it started, went for a run to recharge and everything fine for the next few days then suddenly one morning battery flat once again. Repeated jump start process and again fine for a few days.

Searched this forum for suggestions as others appear to have similar problem.

Checked all the normal problems for battery leak and finally concluded that the problem lies with AC pump. Isolated the pump (as car only a run - around) and resolved the problem.
Sounds like another stuck clutch relay.
location pic for 01-05 in this link: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ml#post4608485