Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Mysterious Overheating honda

Old 08-15-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mechkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Mysterious Overheating honda

Hi, I've got a Honda Civic lx that won't stop overheating at high speeds with the AC on. I've recently replaced the radiator, rad cap, rad hoses, and the thermostat. Both fans are working fine and I can't figure out what else it may be. I've considered the head gasket, but I heard that if that were the problem I should have white exhaust and milky oil. The car does fine on low speed roads, but as soon as I hit about 65mph it shoots to hot. I then proceed to turn on the heat and slow down which normally works to get home but it's a constant game the entire way, and I can't seem to figure out the source of this problem. Could use any help, thanks!
Old 08-15-2016
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Mysterious Overheating honda

its the head gasket
go read this:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...reference.html

do the pressure test described in the thread with shop air it will prove that its the head gasket
Old 08-16-2016
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Mysterious Overheating honda

Originally Posted by Mechkat
Hi, I've got a Honda Civic lx that won't stop overheating at high speeds with the AC on. I've recently replaced the radiator, rad cap, rad hoses, and the thermostat. Both fans are working fine and I can't figure out what else it may be. I've considered the head gasket, but I heard that if that were the problem I should have white exhaust and milky oil. The car does fine on low speed roads, but as soon as I hit about 65mph it shoots to hot. I then proceed to turn on the heat and slow down which normally works to get home but it's a constant game the entire way, and I can't seem to figure out the source of this problem. Could use any help, thanks!
Head gasket or partially failed waterpump. Pray it's the waterpump.