Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

how to get evap monitor ready?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
senicalj4579 is an unknown quantity at this point
how to get evap monitor ready?

I replaced the vapor canister vent solenoid and reset pcm. How long should it take for the monitor to be ready? This car needs to go through emissions but I need to know if the problem is solved. Thank you.
Old 10-01-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how to get evap monitor ready?

This car needs to go through emissions but I need to know if the problem is solved.
If you don't have a reader you can plug in, try this:

Turn the ignition key to run but do not start the engine.
Watch the check engine light.

After maybe 15 seconds....If it starts flashing, the monitors have not completed and your car is not ready for testing.

If the CEL comes on then after several seconds it goes out and stays out, the monitors have completed....... and as long as your CEL is not on while the engine is running it's ready to test.

This should be in your owners manual if you still have it.

HTH
Old 10-02-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
senicalj4579 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: how to get evap monitor ready?

Thank you sir. The car did exactly what you described of being not ready. That was last night after driving it some.

This morning I did a cold start and drove 5-10 miles. The reader came back with everything ok. Went through the nanny emissions and passed. Good to go. Thank you.