Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Hissing sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metalzone is an unknown quantity at this point
Hissing sound

Okay so I have an auto 04 civic.. After I drive it for a good while, the car seems to start making a hissing/fluttering noise whenever the fans turn on/i manually turn the fans on/i press on the breaks, release and press again.. Its so weird and it comes from the passenger side of the car. I only hear it when the car is at a complete stop. I have not been able to track down the noise because it tends to stop after a few minutes of not driving it and I need someone to help me track it.

ANY suggestions are welcomed.. I even took it to a mechanic but he didn't know what it was.
Old 09-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Hissing sound

you have a leak in your tire
Old 09-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Re: Hissing sound

Originally Posted by Metalzone
Okay so I have an auto 04 civic.. After I drive it for a good while, the car seems to start making a hissing/fluttering noise whenever the fans turn on/i manually turn the fans on/i press on the breaks, release and press again.. Its so weird and it comes from the passenger side of the car. I only hear it when the car is at a complete stop. I have not been able to track down the noise because it tends to stop after a few minutes of not driving it and I need someone to help me track it.

ANY suggestions are welcomed.. I even took it to a mechanic but he didn't know what it was.
It's probably your A/C or heater core working properly.