Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Daytime Running lights not working anymore.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dhillon2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Daytime Running lights not working anymore.

My yellow daytime running lights dont work when I start the engine. They use to work when I started my engine but now theres nothing. It works when I turn it on through the signal. I checked for a DLR modul, but since my car is a us model it does not have one. It is a 2004 Honda Civic Lx. I checked the fuses and they look good. Any ideas?
Old 11-25-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Daytime Running lights not working anymore.

You never had factory drl to start with.

Are you talking about the front marker/turn signal bulbs maybe ? They should come on with headlight switch dim and flash bright with signals.
Old 11-26-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If the USA spec car was imported to Canada (OP is in B.C.), wouldn't it have to have had some way for the headlights to come on automatically (DRL) whenever the car is turned on in order to comply with Canadian regulations??

I'd assume someone would wire the headlights (or park lights) to a keyed power source, if there is no DRL controller.
Old 11-27-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

I had to install a DRL module, aftermarket when i was on one year assignment in canada. They on sale on canadian tire, the cheap ones, but they only power fog lights on civics...