Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Input shaft bearing,manual transmission, how long until it explodes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
potatoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Input shaft bearing,manual transmission, how long until it explodes?

Hello. This common problem that happens with the honda and acura manual transmissions, with the input shaft bearing making noise. I hear about it everywhere and see it all over the internet even with low milige cars under 30000 miles having problems with this. Ive also have heard from people that drove with the noise 20000-30000 miles before fixing it. Does anyone have an estimated guess on miles,or time on how long until the bearing fails once the noise starts? The noise isnt that bad now. but i can definitly hear it. I just want to make sure im ok for a few miles until i can fix this. any info on this would be appreciated. thanks
Old 02-29-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,456 Likes on 1,207 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Input shaft bearing,manual transmission, how long until it explodes?

keep driving until it explodes, then post here... duh... who knows? every car is slightly different
Old 03-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Input shaft bearing,manual transmission, how long until it explodes?

I've driven on mine for 4 years now. I just ignore the noise and turn up the radio.