Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

D17 valve cover question...

Old 02-26-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hardcoresteve is an unknown quantity at this point
D17 valve cover question...

I searched all morning and didnt see anything on this...has anyone had trouble replacing the caps/rubber washers for the valve cover bolts? I have a few covers, and a few sets of the new washers. I notice the bolts are shaped funny and I ripped the new rubber washers trying to replace them. I just used another cover I had, but id like to replace em. Only reason is they are rusty looking. Is there a trick to it? The new ones are too tight to fit without ripping them. O.o
Old 02-26-2012
TRUST me! I'm Idiot Proof!

BobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura about
Re: D17 valve cover question...

Did you try a little motor oil to lube em up? They may slip in easier that way...and as for the other details, pictures speak a thousand words...
Old 02-26-2012
Registered!!

Hardcoresteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BobDobolina
Did you try a little motor oil to lube em up? They may slip in easier that way...and as for the other details, pictures speak a thousand words...
Hmm I wish I could. I have to save the pics to my phone, send them to my email, download them to my computer then upload from there. If it were easier I have 100's of pics of my motor swaps, shifter mods, exhaust mods, engine rebuilds exhuast gasket port matching, etc. etc. id love to put up, but its a pain to transfer and upload them...
Old 03-04-2012
TRUST me! I'm Idiot Proof!

BobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura about

WORD lol...yeah this site (as great as it is ) makes acessing it hard as hell...shoot, my work computer wont even load the site, its so slow...but yeah man when you get time, UPLOAD away!! EVERYbody wants to see pics!