Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Front Engine Mount Part

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nieuport17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Front Engine Mount Part

I bought and replaced the front engine mount a couple of years ago, and I noticed that the part is starting to crack again.
I know I could probably just return the part back to AutoZone and get a new one, but I was hoping not to do this again for a bit longer than 2years.
So, Im curious where others get their front engine mount from?
Old 01-02-2012
Registered!!

SpdySylvrEX will become famous soon enough
Re: Front Engine Mount Part

OEM is the best, unless you are going to upgrade...

then try DEZOD.com
Old 01-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Duralast makes front engine mounts? If they have a lifetime warranty and last 2 years I may start using them as well.

Oem mounts last about two years with no lifetime warranty.
Old 01-03-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Energy suspendion motor mount inserts are affordable and will serve as a lifetime replacement, but you need to tolerate a slight vibration at idle and it does get annoying at times.

OEM is great if you don't mind replacing it every couple years.

My choice, fill the voids in the bushing of the oem mount with construction adhesive, let it dry, then drill a few evenly placed holes through the now solid mount to minimize vibrations. Sound crazy, but it works, read the back of a tube of construction adhesive and you'll see it has a hardness rating just like the oem rubber. An effective $5 fix.
Old 01-03-2012
Registered!!

nieuport17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the replies.
Duralast do make engine mount (at least for the front one).
So, by the look of the replies, people tend to replace the mount every couple years.

It's not too hard to replace the front mount, but the mount is so close the the radiator, I always have to be careful it.
Old 01-03-2012
Registered!!

SpdySylvrEX will become famous soon enough

My choice, fill the voids in the bushing of the oem mount with construction adhesive, let it dry, then drill a few evenly placed holes through the now solid mount to minimize vibrations. Sound crazy, but it works, read the back of a tube of construction adhesive and you'll see it has a hardness rating just like the oem rubber. An effective $5 fix.
Did not know that...I have had my car for almost 8 years and have never had to replace mine. Knock, knock...